how many of you own the Rhino?

inthemail

ive been looking at the rhino's for about a month now as a means of day-off entertainment in the bush for me and friends. seeing as you can put a decent stereo and carry 4 passengers on em. just wondering what you guys think. i quoted one at teh local dealer and they told me they install then REMOVE alot of lift kits due to geometryy problems with axles and stuff (i dont think they know where i was going with lift kit im talkin arms axles everything to get 7" higher the RIGHT way) so

whos got one?

I dont know how the hell you would fit FIVE people in a rhino but what ever floats your boat...(poor shocks. My uncle has an 06 Rhino that we take hunting and with just me(235) him(280) the dog(180) and all the gear (200 pounds) the thing is maxed out for weight IMO. There are only 2 seats in a rhino you know that right?

How bout getting a Poolaris razer if you dont need so much utility as there way more fun than a rhino just my opinion...and dang dont be sellin the shee man are you crazy???

Savage, i thought i had seen something that you could turn the bed into another set of seats. Pretty sure it was a rhino that i saw it done to. (he also said 4 people, not 5)

Just my opinion of rhinos. They are good for messing around on, but to do anything with anything aftermarket parts is just insane. I know some people who have dumped another 6 grand into their rhinos. I dont see the point, but that is my opinion.

On the other hand, i have seen some pretty trick ones with paint jobs better than most cars, and sound systems that are kick ass.

if you guys have ridden in or driven even a stock rhino, i think you would be surprisingly impressed... obvisouly they are no speed demon on the straight aways.. even the new 686 efi im sure isnt much better than the old 660.. but the way they are geared they move pretty goood, they will climb some NASTY hills, straight up, rutted, rooted nasty hills, they are great on the trails, they can go just about anywhere a quad can go and they ride pretty dam smooth even totally stock, they are great machines and take a hell of a beating and keep on goin

Back seats in a Rhino is a joke. Only kids can fit back there and that can be dangerous with them being over the axle (whiplash).

LIFTING a rhino?! Never heard of that. They make Suspension kits but straight lifting a rhino is suicide.

A stock rhino is what you would want. Anyhting aftermarket other than a few engine tweeks is all for show.

* A Razr will smoke a Rhino any day of the week.

Back seats in a Rhino is a joke. Only kids can fit back there and that can be dangerous with them being over the axle (whiplash).

LIFTING a rhino?! Never heard of that. They make Suspension kits but straight lifting a rhino is suicide.

A stock rhino is what you would want. Anyhting aftermarket other than a few engine tweeks is all for show.

* A Razr will smoke a Rhino any day of the week.

Exactly!!!

I had one for about two years. The guy who won the worcs series is a friend of mine. He can make it up hills just fine. He can 45mph over the whoop road down at coos bay. They are a kick in the pants. If I was to buy a 700 efi rhino I would wait till next winter for the second year of them. They will work out any bugs they have on the second run of them. Jeff is on the left in the pic. The guy on the right in the red ranger is long time mickey thompson Atv racer Doug Eichner.

Rhinojump.jpg

Worcs winner link

Edited by Snopczynski

holy shit, that's some awesome air for a rhino :blink:

it depends on what kind of riding you want to do. if it's just poking around sight seeing, maybe some mudding, i'd go for the rhino. if you are still a sport rider and want to rip around, i'd go for the razor. my boss recently bought a razor and they are pretty cool rides.