PWR VS PRO DESIGN VS TOOMEY RADIATOR

spending 300-400 on a new rad is a waste of money, if your motor is over heating with a stock rad you have an issue that needs to be fixed.

the stock rad has more then enough surface area to effectivly cool the motor. the only time it might be worth doing is your riding in HOT areas down in low valleys where there isnt much air flow. other then that engine ice or water wetter and a stock rad with a billet impelle is all that is needed.

Word. I coultdn't have said it better myself. Besides, look at the heat rejection numbers for aluminum vs. copper/brass (hint: copper/brass rejects heat better).

I think it is all aluminium.

I wouldn't use it if the shaft isn't stainless. The seal will wear a groove in the shaft and leak coolant into the tranny. I thought that might be the case with it being free. Nothing good is ever free!

Just my 2 cents.

SP

spending 300-400 on a new rad is a waste of money, if your motor is over heating with a stock rad you have an issue that needs to be fixed.

the stock rad has more then enough surface area to effectivly cool the motor. the only time it might be worth doing is your riding in HOT areas down in low valleys where there isnt much air flow. other then that engine ice or water wetter and a stock rad with a billet impelle is all that is needed.

dude, plain and simple, some of us need oversized radiators. Try climbing a switchback hillclimb in 1st and second gear on and off the throttle for 10-15 minutes sometimes, going down the other side of the mountain, and then doing it all over again. Or beat the crap out of it on a small circle track at your buddies trying to play catch the leader being 3rd gear pinned powersliding the whole thing.

The banshee engine produces a lot of heat with a little radiator to dissipate it.

dude, plain and simple, some of us need oversized radiators. Try climbing a switchback hillclimb in 1st and second gear on and off the throttle for 10-15 minutes sometimes, going down the other side of the mountain, and then doing it all over again. Or beat the crap out of it on a small circle track at your buddies trying to play catch the leader being 3rd gear pinned powersliding the whole thing.

The banshee engine produces a lot of heat with a little radiator to dissipate it.

like already said the stock rad has plenty of surface area to do the job. unless your riding in a valley with little to no air flow and the temps are HOT it will cool just fine. your hill climb or track pinned in third will generate more heat over the course of the day yes, but not enough that a properly working stock cooling system can not handle.

(minus the impeller and an actual coolant)

Magnesium is actually one of the best conductors and disapators of heat, the down side is the cost. to defeat this manufactures use aluminum becasue you can increas the surface area while maintianing the same cool properties. same thing with copper. most of your highend computer coolers are made of copper, but look at the cost of these. now multiply that to a car sized rad and its not cost effective. by simply increasing the surface area and using aluminum you can achieve the same cooling at a margin of the cost.

Take a look at the one I found on (Fe)eBay. It is listed under the "Online Auction Watch." A pretty nice PWR and it is pretty cheap.

I have one of the Pro Design radiators and it is great!! Fits well, has greater surface area, and holds more coolant.

Here it is:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/banshee-ove...1QQcmdZViewItem

Forgot to add pic of mine....

20070119173003aaya8.jpg

20070119172944aamf5.jpg

20070119172944aamf5.0a74d898c7.jpg

Edited by jayzx750

• 3 weeks later...
cooler does not always mean faster. There is ALWAYS an optimal temp for every motor to be at. Colder air can equal more power, but a colder motor does not below that motors point

In my case it always does....Dessert racing here in NM my bike was overheating -more times than not..... 50+ miles per race- so cooler does mean faster than overheating!!!!!