Mods for 2500$?

pepehaha

no u dont need a shorter swinger...

you can buy what ever you want...

i would get a set of a arms (ASR +3+1 with their top of the line tie rods SS brake lines and heim) were 550... you can also get wicked arms i think are like 350 ish....

then a set of works for 550ish.... saved some money there....

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ride all arounds, sometimes mx sometimes trails etc.. but no dunes...

But the price isn't that bad is it? When standart travel shocks without compression adjust is about 750$, and they are dual rate. These are quadrate, long travel, with compression adjust and a arms for 1700$...

while Laeger Long Travel Front End A-arms Yamaha Banshee costs 870$ off ebay...

The question is are they all way better for everything, or are the worse for some type of terrain?

Thx

i dont know if the price is bad becasue i didnt look at the auction, but you say its 1700? i can promise you i can get a set of a arms and shocks that cost you much less then 1700 that will out perform what you need.

the ride on your long travle will be the same and standard travle you will simply have more trvale to absorb large whoops and holes. but the softness or stiffness of the ride will be the same. i might not have typed that so you understand the words im thinking but i tired lol... im not the best at typing things clearly for others to understand what im attempting to say

i dont know if the price is bad becasue i didnt look at the auction, but you say its 1700? i can promise you i can get a set of a arms and shocks that cost you much less then 1700 that will out perform what you need.

the ride on your long travle will be the same and standard travle you will simply have more trvale to absorb large whoops and holes. but the softness or stiffness of the ride will be the same. i might not have typed that so you understand the words im thinking but i tired lol... im not the best at typing things clearly for others to understand what im attempting to say

I underestand.

Yes, you can get set of elka dualrates with piggybacks and comp. adj. for 900 and a arms for 550 thats 1450$.

In this package are long travel quadrate elkas w/ piggybacks and comp. adj. and laegars long travel a arms(which are for like 850$ if you want to buy just these a arms) for 1750.

All what Iam asking is that if is that worth of that 300$ extra for me?

Btw do you know if it does raise the front of the ike up? And if so is it good for riding?

i dont believe it raises the front end any, you could buy a arms that are just as good as lagers for much less then 800. then get the elkas axis peps fox floats works or what ever kind of shocks you wanted. to be honest i would like to try the fox floats next. i have riden them on 450s but never on a banshee. if i dicth the drag bike (and keep a banshee rather then getting another 450) im going with a set of fox floats

Well,i think that fox floats are for drag bikes..

I just love the long travel setup,just wondering if there is any minus else than price.

Btw about the cool head and changing compression.Would you recomend me to raise compression when i run 95octane fuel?Iam afraid that it would cut the engine life.

Well,i think that fox floats are for drag bikes..

I just love the long travel setup,just wondering if there is any minus else than price.

Btw about the cool head and changing compression.Would you recomend me to raise compression when i run 95octane fuel?Iam afraid that it would cut the engine life.

fox floats can be setup to run any type of riding.

as far as changing compression, that would depend on what your comp is right now.

did you read anything i wrote?

top of the line fully adjustable chromoly aarms with better tie rods and ends and SS brake lines = 532

or

go with wicked a arms which from what i read are very well made for 350

then tack on shocks..... saved a cool head and a rear axle..maybe more..

The asr +3+1 are too wide btw, I prefer +2.

About the shocks, I know it costs more than standart travel shocks, esp. the long travel a arms aree expensive as hell, but I can't decide whether it's worth of that extra money..

Is there anyone who has the long travel setup, or have it ridden at least? Pics?

I think that the long travel susp. is also smoother, plus the igger travel...I think that its a big improvement over the stock travel..

But once more, I need advices from you guys, because I haven't even seen any other banshee shock than stock :(

Thanks again

they make +2+1...

your Q was answerd a few times guy...

Yes, now it seems that I know everything I need. Thanks alot to all!!!

I've already ordered used t5's, will get cylinders ported at herr jugs racing, but about the suspension, I think that i will buy the long travel anyways. It looks killer and it's overall very good. Than vforce 3 reeds, already ordered adjustable timing plate, clymers manual, tors removal kit, parking brake blockoff... I will also order +2 rear axle, noss cool head with domes, hushkit.

Iam really very curious how will look and run my shee after these mods! Iam going to spend this weeken demounting cylinders :biggrin:

Like other have said don't go all out on suspension. I can bet youll never use LT suspension to its fullest. I run standard travel +3+1 with elka's and let me tell you its a dream and i have even yet to really test it to the max and i ride damn hard. Id honestly say unless you plan on going all out to race your bike in mx or desert a good set of wicked a-arms and so dual rate elka's will do the trick.

i spent the money on ltravel both front and rear laegers in the front with elka trip-rates and the link and shock in rear... yes it was expensive!!!! but its a sweet ride with the motor package combined...

opinions are like assholes everyone has one, so do what you feel is right for your bike and budget...

either way you will not be disappointed ... it the diff between night and day on your stock suspension :beer: