mods for $1000

yes nce you drop pipes reeds filters and all that onthere, it will be faster then a bone stock. but like said already we all know that once you start beefing it uup your not going to stop there. id be willing to bet he isnt going to come across another grand laying around very ez. so take care of the most expensive part while you have the money and buy the other parts later. a big motor wont do shit on a stock setup period. i dont care how good of a rider you claim to be. the most important part of a race isnt the motor its your setup. your motor will account for about 20% of a race.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes nce you drop pipes reeds filters and all that onthere, it will be faster then a bone stock. but like said already we all know that once you start beefing it uup your not going to stop there. id be willing to bet he isnt going to come across another grand laying around very ez. so take care of the most expensive part while you have the money and buy the other parts later. a big motor wont do shit on a stock setup period. i dont care how good of a rider you claim to be. the most important part of a race isnt the motor its your setup. your motor will account for about 20% of a race.

I disagree, depends on the race. If he's racing MX ect. go for the suspension. If he's drag racing go for the engine. I drag my bike mostly $1500 suspension won't do shit for me. JMO

If your just screwing around get Pipes a Noss Head with 20cc domes VF3s some carbs and a timing plate and juice it up to +4 or +7 then get it ported. then get the yfz front end setup. No need to drop $$$$ on a-arms and suspension if your not gonna use it.

I really don't do much trail riding and mx is completely out. Just goofing off and drag racing. I've heard that yfz a arms will fit with slight modification and probably yfz shocks. That would probably help some.

New shearer small bore in frame pipes, port job to match the pipes and cool head with your choice of domes to run pump or race gas = $1050.00

Mail the cylinders out to me and I will turn them around in a week for you. If your looking for just HP thats the best way to get it.

I disagree, depends on the race. If he's racing MX ect. go for the suspension. If he's drag racing go for the engine. I drag my bike mostly $1500 suspension won't do shit for me. JMO

If your just screwing around get Pipes a Noss Head with 20cc domes VF3s some carbs and a timing plate and juice it up to +4 or +7 then get it ported. then get the yfz front end setup. No need to drop $$$$ on a-arms and suspension if your not gonna use it.

its not a matter of using it or not. your bike will still need to correct suspension for the type of riding your doing. if your running 300 ft sand drags you might consider some shaws or other stiff drag shocks. if your running asphalt drags you might consider struts.and mx , dunes, TT, and so on.

regaurdless of what type of riding he is doing there is still a setup that works for that style, it just my entail more or less hardwear depending on which he needs.

you need to do some research and decide what setup will most suite the majority of your riding type. there is no one size fits all. you will go faster with the bolt on mods with your setup now, but once you decide to do more motor work, which i can pretty much promise you that you will. your going to be sadly disappointed to find your bike not going much faster after alot of work simpily becasue your suspension cant hold the power the the ground like you need. so take it for what its worth.

+2.

those t5s will be very nice to have if ever you get it ported.

My shee was bolts ons with t6 pipes. it ran very very strong.

What's the diff. between the t5s and t6s? Just expansion chambers, alittle bit different powerband? I'm bidding on some t5s on ebay right now and have price checked the filter, reeds and jets. I might end up with enough left over to do the yfz front end or get some porting done.

Edited by fastquad02blaster

in short, t5's respond better to porting. t6's are better for non-ported bikes but still work decent with mild ported.

that's just what people been saying here for the last year i been here. Now, who actualy threw changed out the pipes after their port job....not many im sure. A lot of hear say like a lot of stuff.

I sold my t6's(dirt cheap bah) and got t5s because the guy who ported my engine said they are better for what he will do.

Edited by RagunCajun

Suspension hands down. reason being is $$. Spending the dough on suspension was the hardest thing for me. All that cash at once. other then the roughly 3g's in mods for the stroker set up which came much later. Get it out the way while you have it. you can piece the power together when you get money. Its hard to get a grand. but you can spend 30 on a mill, mod your timing plate for free, 100 on kn and clamp, personally Id buy fattys but used you can get them for 300 + or -. Dont be stupid and buy pipes and some minor mods and thing your going to be smoking 450's because the truth is if your getting smoked now you probably wolln't be winning with pipes and a few minor mods. Sorry the truth hurts. Hands down my best mod isn't my engine its my extended axle. Best bang for the buck. Fact is youll probably buy pipes, filter, reeds, timing, and apperently jets are a mod, and it will run like crap like most people who buy this stuff and dont know how to jet. This all will give you a major let down when you race your friends and find out you have nothing but a smoking louder quad that is still losing. JMO. then youll sell your shee get a 4 stroke and bash banshees like the others who dont realize its not the quad its the owner and opperator.

sorry its been a long day

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys. New problem. I just installed t5s, K&N pod clamp ons, and reeds. Now shee won't start. Is there something special about the reeds I should know about? I have fuel and fire. What's normal compression run on these things? Would the reeds be letting compression back out of the carbs? Let me know what you think. I'm puzzled on the matter.