Even with New Parts

civicfrk1

I think it ran BETTER with a blown cylinder than it does now.

i got .20 bored over with vitos pistons , mild race port. stock reeds. boost bottle. stock air filter with closed airbox.

FMF Goldseries pipes . and running 310 main on the new carbs.

my last motor blew due to jetting. I bought this all as a package deal. hoping that it would already run somewhat good.

and wen i first put it together , it leaked fuel out the hoses , ALL of them.

then i closed the fuel valve , pulled the choke , gave it WOT and kicked over n it started.

it will not hold idle. even with choke off.

i ride it and no powerband , just sits there "studdering".

and when i rev it it sounds VERY weak.

could my floats be affecting this? maybe air screw??OR idle screw?

4 threads later , i still dont have a clue how to jet. So let me know any helpful info.

im going to try to put my old carbs on the bike tommorow, to see if it runs better.

Only if your Box is spotless you suck up sand or dirt and your new topend is junk. The parts new or used? And sound like you idle screw needs adj, then go from there. Also are the reeds good? even a small crack or a reed that has a flap of more than .426 is bad. But sound like your just WAY out tune. What kinda carbs do you have?

Edited by TexasBansheeMan

I would say your rich due to the fact that the floats are sticking and pouring gas out the over flow tubes.

Rich will be reall rough, caugh and spudder

Lean will feel like it is slow to respond. Feel lazy. If you rev it in say neutral it will have a hanging idle that slowly winds back down.

Like said above try and set your idle first and then work from there..

do a leak down test, make sure you dont have any air leaks, make sure you have the choke tube on the stock carbs, also make sure the slides are in the right carbs..

I put my stock carbs which have 280 mains on there and it runs awesome. still lacking a LITTLe bit of lowend.

but i deff. wanna fix the other carbs. any suggestion? floats maybe?

clean the carbs really good and let them soak in carb cleaner, that was a bad choice on pistons vitos sucks, not to down you but you shoulda went with the wisecos. what carbs are they anyway?

theyre also stock but he had them jetted to run perfect . and he had the same setup i have now. but he was in Cali.

But im going to take them apart.He told me to check if the needle is on the clip or something like that.

Well , I dont ride TOO hard . and i just trail ride. so they should last me. i could push the kicker down with my hand before without much effort. now it takes effort even with my foot. lol.

I <3 rebuilds.