CPI or T5 pipes with cascade silincers

serius4play

Im new to this form and suck at spelling (just lettin ya know so dont attack me for it) i have a 98 shee with dune port and polish 21in 18 paddle padle brats,45 tooth spur gear, 14 front, .20 overboar, one pice crank, keihin carbs (not shure what size got them on it when i got the bike...there pretty big tho) o have PC pipes but im thinkin about changin to some T5s or CPI's...with cascade silincers i like to drag race flats, and up hills. i also just cashual ride with it but as it stands once i hit 6th i pretty much hold my speed and dont gain anything plus my PC have seen better days and the bolts holding my silincer can together are striped out and leek really bad! :down: :banghead:.... so my question is wich pipes would some of you people recomind T5's? or the CPI's? to gain some more power.

AYY.trans_extension_jpg_max_side_540.jpg

I would go with Shearer pipes. You wont see much differents going from the PC to T-5 pipes.

If you like to drag race go with the shearer pipes. If you like to dune ride more then drag racing. Get the CPI pipes.

ha ha ok....CPI's or shearers....:biggrin: :thanks:

Im new to this form and suck at spelling (just lettin ya know so dont attack me for it) i have a 98 shee with dune port and polish 21in 18 paddle padle brats,45 tooth spur gear, 14 front, .20 overboar, one pice crank, keihin carbs (not shure what size got them on it when i got the bike...there pretty big tho) o have PC pipes but im thinkin about changin to some T5s or CPI's...with cascade silincers i like to drag race flats, and up hills. i also just cashual ride with it but as it stands once i hit 6th i pretty much hold my speed and dont gain anything plus my PC have seen better days and the bolts holding my silincer can together are striped out and leek really bad! :down: :banghead:.... so my question is wich pipes would some of you people recomind T5's? or the CPI's? to gain some more power.

AYY.trans_extension_jpg_max_side_540.jpg

The CPI's come on a little soonerso they are more rideable in the dunes, but are still a great drag pipe. My concern is your paddles, 18 pdl is way overkill on a stock stroke, dune ported bike. That is probably a lot of why you're not pulling more in sixth, I would recommend the 9pdl brats or 10pdl haulers for your bike 22x11x8 on blue lables.

Dude. I'm telling ya CPI's. I've got 'em and I love 'em. I don't have a ported motor and some of the people that I've let ride my bike ask me whose done my port work. They're surprised when I tell them it's not. I deal with them (CPI) all the time. If you're interested in some CPI pipes let me know and I'll hook you up. I do a lot of business with them so I get wholesale prices and I'll pass them on to you. So a new set of In-Frame Small Bore Chrome pipes would run $500 brand new. It's almost $120 cheaper than what they'd sell you them for. I'm serious they're amazing.

I got cpi's because they suposedly come on sooner than the shear's. They fit fine around my pod filters. There is actually more room around my carbs than I had with my T5's. Thick Boss racing intake and PWK's were a tight fit with T5's.

Witch ever pipe you get CPI's or Shear's and looks are important to you then get them from cascade. They get there pipes bare and have there chrome shop plate them to there standard. Yea they charge more but the chrome is way better quality. CPI and Shear's have kind of been known to have there chrome peal. I dont know if they still do but there have been reports.

josh

Edited by jbooker82

have any idea what your exhaust duration is on your porting before I go recommending a pipe?

no dude... wish i did...i just bought it in September and everything except the crank and .20 overboar came that way...( i blew out a baring in the crank second time ridding it...i got ripped off) but now that i have a compleatly brand new engin im pretty happy.. just not a big fan of my pipes....

no dude... wish i did...i just bought it in September and everything except the crank and .20 overboar came that way...( i blew out a baring in the crank second time ridding it...i got ripped off) but now that i have a compleatly brand new engin im pretty happy.. just not a big fan of my pipes....

I've got CPIs and I like them pretty well. Never ran Shearer's so I can't compare to them. I have ran Toomey's and Trinity's and must say that the CPIs are far superior! No more riding in shorts though! I've got a scar on my leg from a third degree burn from dicking around on it in shorts! LOL.

I've got CPIs and I like them pretty well. Never ran Shearer's so I can't compare to them. I have ran Toomey's and Trinity's and must say that the CPIs are far superior! No more riding in shorts though! I've got a scar on my leg from a third degree burn from dicking around on it in shorts! LOL.

ha ha oooo yea shorts not such a good idea dude! lol...thanx for the info people...grate help to me!

"spurdy: I've got a scar on my leg from a third degree burn from dicking around on it in shorts! LOL."

One of the many reasons i love my pt high revs. I'd suggest trying out as many pipes as you can before you commit to buying. I found some local guys that let me borrow their pipes for a day to find what my porting liked the most. It was just a pain rejetting that many times in a single day haha.