who does good cheap stock carb boring?

csrmel

thats not somehting i would be looking into, the things i worry about with those itty bitty stock carbs is you get enough motor and air and fuel leaving that carb your gona run those tiny bowls dry ,the bowl on a 33 or 34 pj or pwk drawfs a stock carb ,i dont know how much it cost to bore stock carbs ship them off and ship them back but i would sell them in ebay and upgrade . are you looking for more power or what ? have you looked into a port job ?

taking the time imo to send off carbs is a waste of time .

thats not somehting i would be looking into, the things i worry about with those itty bitty stock carbs is you get enough motor and air and fuel leaving that carb your gona run those tiny bowls dry ,the bowl on a 33 or 34 pj or pwk drawfs a stock carb ,i dont know how much it cost to bore stock carbs ship them off and ship them back but i would sell them in ebay and upgrade . are you looking for more power or what ? have you looked into a port job ?

taking the time imo to send off carbs is a waste of time .

thanks, but a $10 fuel pump can fix the running dry problem.

if i went with aftermarket carb, just the new filters alone would probably eat up the cost of shipping and a good chunk of the machine work price. not to mention new jets possible different manifold, etc etc etc... shit thats a lot of money right there.

if i can get a bit more out of the stock carbs then ill be happy.

also remember that stock carbs are the only ones allowed in stock banshee class. if i went aftermarket, id be bumped up a class and i dont want to do that.

any machine shop should be able to bore your carbs.

91banshee, stock carbs are actually really good carbs. and ive heard from several different builders that stock carbs will outflow a stock stroke ported motor and will work even on a 4mm motor. ive actually seen a very hard running 4mm stock cylinder motor running stock carbs.

i have heard they offset the bore, meaning they make the hole taller but not wider, or some shit like that.

that is the kind of stuff i would need to tell a machine shop, and i think it should be difficult to get those specs.

ahh! i just find out rdz racing does care boring. $35 each plus shipping. so its basically $90 after shipping and a can of carb cleaner.

shit thats almost the price of a set of filters for an aftermarket pair of carbs.

wonder if anyone else does it cheaper.

Edited by csrmel

any machine shop should be able to bore your carbs.

91banshee, stock carbs are actually really good carbs. and ive heard from several different builders that stock carbs will outflow a stock stroke ported motor and will work even on a 4mm motor. ive actually seen a very hard running 4mm stock cylinder motor running stock carbs.

[/quote

they are fine on a stock bike , i didnt relize he had to stay stock for the class he wouldbe racing in ,

i looked up the prices and they are all around 90 bucks for the pair . , if he wasent racing in a certain class i still think its more worth while to sell stock carbs and buy the 30 oko s on ebay that come with a new cable for 185

The slide is about 28mm so you can only increase the bore size up otherwise air will go around the side of the slide or the slide won't close enough to idle the motor. How about figureing a way to increase the size of the slide bore and boring the carb, I wonder if you could make it a 30mm. The carb might get a little thin but it would weigh less.

yeh. i have a call into them. ill post back what i find out.

thanks for the reply.

Give Lynn at LC Performance a call. (801)423-1382 www.lcperformance.com He does 27.5mm taper bore on stockers for $90 a pair. Was just at his shop today, he does real nice work and is great to deal with. Don't let anyone tell you to go 28mm on them 27.5 is as far as they can go. Trust me !@#$ed up a set of my own having a machinist buddy bore mine to 28. Lynn will also cut your stock intakes to match the taper, I'll bet he would include that in the cost.