What Mods Go Next?

Frogger

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if your gona run 450 shocks you are gona want some wider a arms to go with them. but do not get the 450 a arms unless you want your front end on the ground and your frame and a-arms hitting every rock on the trails, even so to make the 450 shocks work the best you will want them rebuilt, revalved, new springs, for yoru weight and stuff,, could get costly if your gona go that route just buy sonme aftermarket shocks, if your just lookin for a cheap way to improve just toss on some used 450 shocks and play with the adjustments a bit. im sure there is a way to soften them up a bit, im 230lbs+ and my friends yfz 450 felt stiff as hell even for me

suspension THEN a port job. period.

Dont drag port your bike unless you tried riding a drag shee before. The powerband is shit for playing around. It's all or nothing.

Im ported and sure i love the huge power increase but w/o a smooth ride it isnt as enjoyable as it could be. You cant fly over whoops or bumpys stuff if your bike is bouncing all over the place.

Yup, what ragun cajun said, I can get it on at first but, I always lay off the throttle when I start to hit the whoops (it sucks).It scares the hell out of me, call me a wuss but I am still alive! :biggrin:

my 450 complete front end is up for sale. $325 shipped. It will handle a lot better than stock but the ride height get's lowered but it's not too low for me. You have to work the bike to get it the front up but it's awesome for drag racing. If you look in the images forums i have recent pics of my bike(black and white with the ladies grill).

I just want something w/ normal height and more travel. Some love the set up. Some hate it.

Edited by RagunCajun