100 octane fuel

Hey fellow, I just got my motor back together with my 2nd set of domes. My first ones gave me a 195 psi, i took them out and put in a larger 21cc dome and now i'm getting 185psi. My question is....Is 185psi to much compression for 100 octane???

to be safe you need to be in teh 160-170 range for 100. imo

who is cuttign your dome to get that high of compression with 21cc.

Kevin Jerr built my motor, Jaylee Noss @ Noss Machine is cutting my domes. Its for a 4mil stroker with a standard rod lenth without a base gasket.

I will be sending another set tomorrow (if the ice storms don't stop UPS). That is pretty high for those domes.

-David

Thanks, ya i cant figure out why i'm getting that high of compression either.

What octane do i need to be at with my cylinder's having 185psi?????

It depends on how the fuel's octane is rated at. I run Citgo 110 on 185-190 PSI drag ported 4mill stock cylinders. It has a Motor octane of 105 and a Research octane of 115. The motor octane is what counts. Ever see the octane symbol on the pums (R+M)/2. That is how pump fuel is rated. It is the average between Reaseach and Motor octane.

It depends on how the fuel's octane is rated at. I run Citgo 110 on 185-190 PSI drag ported 4mill stock cylinders. It has a Motor octane of 105 and a Research octane of 115. The motor octane is what counts. Ever see the octane symbol on the pums (R+M)/2. That is how pump fuel is rated. It is the average between Reaseach and Motor octane.

So i'm getting 100 low lead otane fuel from the airport. There's a carquest that sells turbo blue, 110 otane about an hour from the house.

55 gallon drum of 110 octane. How much did that set you back??

$290 Plus you will need to pay for a drum charge. That charge is refunded when you turn the barrel back in.

Sounds like a lot for fuel but you 1 to 1.5 barrels will last me a year, and you dont have to worry about getting fuel cause you already have it.

$290 Plus you will need to pay for a drum charge. That charge is refunded when you turn the barrel back in.

Sounds like a lot for fuel but you 1 to 1.5 barrels will last me a year, and you dont have to worry about getting fuel cause you already have it.

Sounds great, is it turbo blue(110 octan) or some = to it. I'm located in Gallatin, TN. Can you please give me some contact unfo on your supplier. Is it leaded or unlead fuel????

I just get my fuel from a couple local guys. Your close to nashville so there has to be somebody there that sells race fuel by the drum. Start by asking around at your local speed shops. Turbo Blue is a good fuel too. Does that Carquest Sell it by the drum? Turbo Blue is a 110 octane leaded race fuel. So it would be good to go.

I use regular Citgo

Citgo Race Fuel LINK

I run The Standard fuel if I am burning Sunoco

Sunoco Traditional Race Fuel LINK

VP is the most expensive fuel. I have run VP Red. It is one of there cheaper fuels but is still more expensive than the other two. The make a brew for about anything.

VP Race Fuel LINK

Turbo Blue Race Fuel

Turbo Blue Race Fuel LINK

Edited by jbooker82