Really struggling guys

fitz18

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Describe how it acts at other RPMs, wot, etc. Does it idle? Are you 100% sure the slides are in correctly? They will go in backwards very easily if in the wrong carb.

Guys all the help is really appreciated. The bike is great at higher rpm's. Its just at low rpm i have the problem. Like it REALLY boggs. I have to give loads of revs to stop stalling.

Im 100% sure about the slides. Half moon to back of bike/ air box side.

Lepew i changed my cylinders in the rebuild and put wiseco's in. My jugs were marked too deep so I bought a set from firehead on here. They have a mild dune port so I may need to go up in my main because of this. However this will not fix my bogging issue.

I never did a leak test. Would this cause bogging? I did torque all nuts to the specs in clymers so I dont know what else it could be.

Thaks for all the help guys. Keep the suggestions comming :thumbsup:

yes the needle could be a factor, if you have it opening to much too soon it lets too much gas in and if your not opening it enough then your leaning it out at that point of the circut. try moving it to the middle clip and see if it changes.

Thanks bansheman! REally starting to bother me this bogging. Il move the needle to middle clip. Gona try 260 mains as well. Hope this fixes it. Cheers :biggrin:

i have a feeling that it not going to completely solve it, but that could be causing part of your issue. I'm kind of juggling several things at work and reading through your post so i havent really sat to thinkof the possible problems. sry

No its fine. any help is fantastic. I dont think it will solve the problem either as it worked fine before and I never touched the needle position. Hopefully someone else with a little more time on their hands will be able to chime in!! :thumbsup:

fitz did you get the link I posted? its a good faq on jetting.your clip on the needle is 2nd from the top? and is it a stock needle? if so move that to the pointy end 1 position and try that. the needle controls 1/4 to3/4 throttle so if thats where the problem is thats what you want to work on. dont chage to much, I'd change one thing at a time. the main jet controls wide open throttle. where exactly does your bike bog at?

ill pm you the link also...

All this help is fantastic guys. Il hopefully be doing rings soon!! The float height is spot on. The needle and screw is seating as it should. There was alittle fuel coming out of the long pipe attached to the bottom of the carbs but since I have cleaned them out it has stopped.

The shee will not run with the choke out at all. Not even half out. Im going to try a larger main to make sure I dont run lean.

The air screws are set at 1&1/2 turns out. Is this about right?

2ss your a legend. Really great info on jetting you sent. My needle is on 2nd clip from bottom end (like the end where the needle goes pointy). O and yeah it is a stock needle as far as I know. The bike boggs at low rpms. Like 1st and 2nd gear. Like I was in a field with my mates and I couldnt do donuts in 2nd gear on muddy ground. She just wanted to die!!!

The help is great guys! Keep it coming! :thanks: