28mm carbs?

qboronyrican

just added v-force reeds, and a cool head w/20cc domes to my banshee that has t-5 pipes, k&n air filter w/ open air box, and advanced timing and about to add 28mm carbs but really don't have a clue where to start with the jetting......can someone please help! ....i live at sea level and temp is about 40-50 degress anyone with the same setup or alot of knowledge please help me out here!!!!!

Gonna be a little tough. There arent too many people running these carbs, and the few times I asked, I didnt have much luck with jetting specs. I'm guessing they are 28mm Keihins or CPWs(Keihin knock offs) If they are the Mikunis I really can't help you. I run 48 Pilots and 140 Mains in mine with a stock air box, pipes, reeds, timing, 21cc domes, similar setup. The domes and timing shouldnt need much more fuel if any, but for the open air box you should bump up a couple main sizes for, and maybe 1 pilot. If you really get stuck, call up Carb Parts Warehouse, and as long as your buying jets from them they should be able to help you out with some jetting info, and they can get you pretty close. Good luck, :beer:

just added v-force reeds, and a cool head w/20cc domes to my banshee that has t-5 pipes, k&n air filter w/ open air box, and advanced timing and about to add 28mm carbs but really don't have a clue where to start with the jetting......can someone please help! ....i live at sea level and temp is about 40-50 degress anyone with the same setup or alot of knowledge please help me out here!!!!!

When I got mine I ordered them from Magic racing. They asked me where I lived, what pipes and other mods I had, and what the elevation was. THEY pre jetted them before they shipped them out. They were pretty close other than a little rich on the main.

As a matter of fact I still have them if you are interested in buying them.

When I got mine I ordered them from Magic racing. They asked me where I lived, what pipes and other mods I had, and what the elevation was. THEY pre jetted them before they shipped them out. They were pretty close other than a little rich on the main.

As a matter of fact I still have them if you are interested in buying them.

How much you asking, and which carbs mikunis/keihin? That is if he doesnt want them.

I had 30mm oko's on mine for a while. Great carb for fairly stock bike. You should be good with the 48 pilot, and 145 main should be good as well. I would go one above the 145 main and see first, then go down if your rich. Went with a 4mil and needed a bigger carb so they are sitting on a shelf now. Great and easy carb, you will notice a gain over stock carbs and much easier to dial in and run.