backfiring cant figure it out

BK2564

Hey guys just finished putting the motor back in the shee after rebuilding the whole bike. It ran fine b4 i took the motor out but now it is backfiring out of the left side and wont idle...Ive switched the plug wires and it made no difference so it isnt electrical, i cleaned the carbs out real good and still no change, checked for a air leak around everything using carb cleaner, put new plugs in etc......

now the only thing i think is left that could be wrong is that the carbs are out of sync which i can tell by looking at them when the slides are at different heights and what not while giving it some throttle. Would the carbs being out of sync cause it to backfire??

The TORS is all removed but i do have the stock carb caps on it still.

thanks for any insight :blink:

post-26670-1195423694_thumb.jpg

Try the adjuster on your handle bars at your throttle. That adjuster controls the height of the slides. if the adjuster is out to much, the slides will be to high. That would make one back fire. Maybe the problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Does it backfire when you are coming up on midrange, midrange or when you are up on the top end? Backfire is a sign or being lean.

Does the motor pull good up to the top of 4th and your about to shift and pow. Shift to fifth and same pulls them pow, backfire. If that is the way it is acting, go up one on the main jet and down one space on the clip on the needle.

Try the adjuster on your handle bars at your throttle. That adjuster controls the height of the slides. if the adjuster is out to much, the slides will be to high. That would make one back fire. Maybe the problem.

The adjuster on the bars is absolutely not for adjusting the carbs and will create huge headaches with TORS equipt machines. You must have slack in the throttle cable for many reasons.

Brandon

Hey guys just finished putting the motor back in the shee after rebuilding the whole bike. It ran fine b4 i took the motor out but now it is backfiring out of the left side and wont idle...Ive switched the plug wires and it made no difference so it isnt electrical, i cleaned the carbs out real good and still no change, checked for a air leak around everything using carb cleaner, put new plugs in etc......

now the only thing i think is left that could be wrong is that the carbs are out of sync which i can tell by looking at them when the slides are at different heights and what not while giving it some throttle. Would the carbs being out of sync cause it to backfire??

The TORS is all removed but i do have the stock carb caps on it still.

thanks for any insight :blink:

Make sure your slide isn't in backwards on the left carb. good luck

thanks for the info guys. I know that slides arent in backwards. Ill try some stuff once i have some time to work on it. Pretty sure the carbs just need to be synced together,i didnt touch anything to make any differences in the motor or carbs except for unhooking the throttle cable