Call of Duty 4

Snopczynski

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been playing it pretty heavy for the last 2 days on the PS3. I just CANNOT believe the graphics on this game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The game is stunning in every detail and the best graphics I've seen to date . I thought resistance at 720p looked good, but it just can't hang with 1080p. I did notice my PS3's fan finally kicked up a notch to where I could hear it run. That game must require some juice.

The maps are open but of course you have certain objectives to accomplish and a certain direction you have to go. It reminds me a lot of Socom but way more realistic.

cool, i know that it will always lead you in a direction, but with cod3 it was stupid becasue it was a preset path and the enemy reacted on check points. once you past a certain line then they react to it. i hated that game.

So I won the war on veteran and then there is a bonus hidden map you get. So right now I have to rescue the vip on a 2 story plane with about 8,000 bad guys that come from everywhere.

Im addicted to this game.

This guy did it, I wish I could.

COD4 Epilogue Mission on Veteran Link

Edited by Snopczynski

i really want to play this on 1080p tech. but i think im buying this shit for my computer. too bad you cant cross over to the ps3 or xbox players!!! you guys are tech nerds what kind of differance am i looking at?

i got a amd 3200+ 64bit cpu, and a gforce 7800gt with 1 gig ddr

would the ps3 blow it out of the water ?

also brad are you using the controllers or can you plug in a usb mouse and keyboard to play?

Edited by Bansh-eman

I use the PS controllers. I know it's hard to get away from the keyboard and mouse, I used them for years. You may be able to hook them up and use them though I'm not sure cause I haven't tried. I'm use to the controllers and see no benefit of going back to keyboard mouse combo other than what a person is use to. As for a comparison between a high end PC and the PS3, I'm really unsure and can only speculate. I would assume at this time they would be pretty close. I don't see any games really tapping much into either's capabilities. I think in the future when game corporations start to have a better understanding of the PS3's cell is when the system will really shine. Who knows if or when this will happen because my understanding is they will have to make games totally different than the way they make them for xbox and PC use.

Oh and that Epilogue doesn't do the game any justice whatsover. It looks way better than that.