T.M. Designworks Case Saver Installation

bonzai272

Im taking my newest toy out for its maiden voyage next weekend. I dont expect anything to happen this weekend but I def want to be getting this case saver soon to prevent any future issue is chain breaks or slaps. I couldnt find any installation instructions online. Is it pretty self explanitory? It just looks a bit more complicated than the other one. I assume the sprocket is removed so the saver can go behind it. Is that easy to do? Anything I should know before tackling this? Thanks guys.

These are probably dumb questions but, in removing the sprocket: How is that done? Does the bike need to be in gear so it doesnt just spin? Do I need to loosen the rear to put slack in the chain in order to get it off then back on again? How tight is that torqued back down? Thanks for all the help!

These are probably dumb questions but, in removing the sprocket: How is that done? Does the bike need to be in gear so it doesnt just spin? Do I need to loosen the rear to put slack in the chain in order to get it off then back on again? How tight is that torqued back down? Thanks for all the help!

Easiest way is unbend the lock washer, hit that nut with an impact gun.

Otherwise...

Lock the rear brakes (have someone step on them) and put it in gear and use a long 1/2 inch breaker bar with a socket...

I just ordered all T.M Design Chain rollers and slides, I wish I would have seen that case saver as well, I have a regular one that didnt require taking of the sprocket, but the t.m design one looks bad ass... They make quality stuff, like always said, you get what you pay for.......

Edited by wacko2000

I was going to get a saver and was considering the same one................

I have this saver and am really impressed, it goes on easy and it is made of a material that does not allow grease to stick to it. Mine is white and there is no grease on it at all. The TM design saver also protects more of the case, i think for the money it is a great mod, not as bling as the others but you cant see it behind the stator cas anyway