Handlebar height and risers for xc riding?

peterlocal22

whats up everyone,

Im 5 ft 10 inch tall. love riding the woods and i would like to start getting into xc racing.

Im currently in the marcket for new handlebars and im wondering what I should go with. High bend or a low bend. Also are risers important?

thanks for any help, im in the dark on this one.

whats up everyone,

Im 5 ft 10 inch tall. love riding the woods and i would like to start getting into xc racing.

Im currently in the marcket for new handlebars and im wondering what I should go with. High bend or a low bend. Also are risers important?

thanks for any help, im in the dark on this one.

I am 6'1" & I just installed the Tag bar riser with a pair of CR hi bend bars, it is about an inch lower than stock. I like the CR bend because there isn't too much pull back & it allows me to stretch out a little but honestly the stock bar was the most comfortable for me. I think you will need a riser & high bend bar to get close to your stock bars. The riser only adds an inch and a half if you bolt it on top of your stem & bar clamps, you can choose to mount it on the stem & bottom clamp only but I needed all the height I could get. The riser also allows you to use 1 1/8 bars versus the stock 7/8"

im thinking of getting the quad high bend flexx bars with 2 inch risers but wasnt sure if this would be too high. i think the flexx bar highs are 116 mm then the 2 inch risers? theres also the low bend which i think are 92 mm.

Edited by peterlocal22

I had the lower rise 12 degree flexx bars and they were good, you can always adjust the bar height by inserting the washers they give you that go under the elastomers. It angles the bars different ways depending on how many you add. I like the quad bend high rise style okay, but the lower bend bars look better on the banshees. I say go with the lower bars and use some risers.

ya maybe the high bend and the 2 inch risers would be too high although it les than an inch difference?

i ride aggrsive trails and hair scrambles , if you ever try out a set of the v bars there awsome you wont belive how they feel in the woods

i took them off t otry another set up and it wasa mistake , there back on now

heres a pic of them on a yfz http://img99.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vbarshs6.jpg

just get a anit-vibe steering stem that has the rise you want and that way you won't need to get an adapter/riser to make you fasst bars fit. american star is a good brand to check out. also rox makes a anti vibe handlebar riser its very nice shawn has on on the dual sport its the gold colored one on there site can't rememeber what it s called.

you able to ride this weekend peter?

• 3 months later...

High bars are a good thing in the trails especially if you are riding hard and standing most of the time, the lower the bar the more you are leaning over, just dont go to high or you wont be able to pull up to get over stuff.

I'm running a trail tech computer oversized clamp with longhorn hi bend bars

i went with the fasst flex quad racer low bend and the rox 2 inch risers. i love the feel and the way it looks. i will be buying a +1 inch anti vib stem in the future and i think it will be at a perfect height for me at that point.

thanks for all the help everyone

• 1 month later...

i agree with MJ. cheap bars are the way to go for a quad. as long as you dont ride mx. that way they bend before a stem will. on the dirtbike was a different story though, because they would bend every time you drop the bike. i had cheap bars bend without even crashing on e the dirtbike, and one broke on the face of a big jump. those v bars are cool though, how much were they? did you get them from cascade?