billet impeller, What else do i need?

rubberneck

Just got back from pismo this weekend, and the bike seems to be running warm. Never puked any water, but it was pretty cool outside. It was in the mid 60's all weekend, and the bike ran 195-210 all weekend. That seems warm considering how cool it was ambient, What do you guys think? Bike ran like a top and plug check looked good, so i dont think its a jetting issue, so i am assuming the stock impeller is going south. I am going to order a billet impeller, but want to try to get everything i need ordered at one time. Besides the impeller itself and obviously the water pump housing seal, what should i order? Should i look at replacing anything else while im in there? Isn't there a nylon drive gear that turns the impeller? Do these need replacing often? What about the bearing and oil seal? Thanks in advance. Phil

impeller, maybe a seal if yours has alot of hours on it, waterpump gasket, clutch gasket, stainless allen clutch cover bolts (if wanted/needed), and maybe some engine ice to keep your temps down. Give us a call as we stock all of it . Might pull yours down first and make sure your water pump plastic (white) gear is ok.

impeller, maybe a seal if yours has alot of hours on it, waterpump gasket, clutch gasket, stainless allen clutch cover bolts (if wanted/needed), and maybe some engine ice to keep your temps down. Give us a call as we stock all of it . Might pull yours down first and make sure your water pump plastic (white) gear is ok.

All this stuff and tranny oil.

Yeah, thanks for the tips. I guess i should just pull it down and see where im at. Do you guys carry the plastic drive gear, or do i need to go to the stealer to get it? I will put together a list of parts/questions, and give you a call. I have other things i need to do to the bike also. By the way, i have been running straight water with redline water wetter, and those temps were running hard moving fast. If i started to cruise, the temps would go up, hottest i saw was 224 then i shut it down for a while. What should my temps be when running fast?

Edited by rubberneck

I am not saying this caused the warm temps but.

Since you were riding in colder temps than normal you would think that your banshee would run cooler. Cooler temps also require a richer main jet. It could have been a little leaner than what you normally ride at so that could have caused the banshee to run a little warmer.

Yeah, thanks for the tips. I guess i should just pull it down and see where im at. Do you guys carry the plastic drive gear, or do i need to go to the stealer to get it? I will put together a list of parts/questions, and give you a call. I have other things i need to do to the bike also. By the way, i have been running straight water with redline water wetter, and those temps were running hard moving fast. If i started to cruise, the temps would go up, hottest i saw was 224 then i shut it down for a while. What should my temps be when running fast?

Yes we carry all of it and then some. I guess i forgot oil. duh

I am not saying this caused the warm temps but.

Since you were riding in colder temps than normal you would think that your banshee would run cooler. Cooler temps also require a richer main jet. It could have been a little leaner than what you normally ride at so that could have caused the banshee to run a little warmer.

Plug check looked good, that was also my first thought. I got the bike used and really have no idea how many hours it has on it. I think i will just tear her down and make a list of everything i need.

Thanks for the info fasttoys, i am going to get the side pulled apart and make a list of all the other little projects i need to take care of before the next trip and give you a call so i can get everything at once. talk to you soon. Phil