Rear Swing Arm Size

BrianEb

I would like to get a new swing arm set up

Right now I have the So-Cal Fab +1 +2 A-arms up front

but for the swing I don't know if I should stick with the stock length or a +1 or -1 length

I live in Michigan never riddin the dunes, but ride on trails and this motorcross track called the Sandbox with jumps and stuff.

please give me some suggestion

if your riding tracks you dont want to add extra length hanging off the rear. if any thing stay stock or take some off. the purpose of a longer swinger is to help hold the front end down and to help keep the power to the ground when you build a bigger motor. but they are not good for jumping.

• 3 weeks later...
hillclimbing and trials are like black and white..

i was thinking of going shorter... but i would wanna ride one frist before i make that big of a choice..

where i ride hillclimbing an trails are hand in hand...so i cant keep my front end down when climbin a hill as it is...so if i went with a shorter swinger it would get even worse...a longer arm an i get shitty handling...its a toss up

where i ride hillclimbing an trails are hand in hand...so i cant keep my front end down when climbin a hill as it is...so if i went with a shorter swinger it would get even worse...a longer arm an i get shitty handling...its a toss up

heres from my experience.. my trail riding and hill climbing are also hand in hand.. i have used a stocker, +2 and a +4 all of witch i still own.. the +2 gets the all around great for me.. it handles ok (basically like stock) and still hooks well and keeps the fron end down when i want.. i can still ride a wheelie when i want also.. it gives me the control i want.. i weigh about 180