late power in sixth gear?

cvbadass

I was just wondering, when i am hauling azz down the road and get to what i think is topped out in sixth gear, it is like another power band kicks in. this doent happen all of the timw but when it does i can catch and pass anyone in front of me, this is great but wonder why it doesn't always happen, could it be wind drag not letting me get to my power band until later? any ideas?

I was just wondering, when i am hauling azz down the road and get to what i think is topped out in sixth gear, it is like another power band kicks in. this doent happen all of the timw but when it does i can catch and pass anyone in front of me, this is great but wonder why it doesn't always happen, could it be wind drag not letting me get to my power band until later? any ideas?

Tires start hooking up, tires stop spinning on wheels, clutch quits slipping, jetting is lean. You pick.

Brandon

sounds more like lean jetting, when we raced laydown karts coming across the front straight on a nascar track you can reach over and turn your carbs leaner which is the eqivalent of a lean main on these.. it would get you that extra power to jump past them but its not very good to have this prolonged. your running the chance that you lock that baby up.