xbox 360 or playstation 3

extreem9

Brad do the 20g and the 60g PS3 have the builtin WiFi? I was wondering cause i want to get mine on the internet....also just a side note the extra card slots and all that are not on the 20g unit only the bigger one.

The 20 gb version doesnt have Wireless or card slots (or chrome strips, lol. Although you can get an adaptor for the wireless, I hear its a PITA. The 60gb version is down in price right now because of the 80 gb versions, the 40 gb versions are said to come out next year, but not certain yet. The wireless on the systems is downright awesome, i move it anywhere i want to with no wires - and its good speed/ping times. 360 made a mistake making the wireless not built in or the harddrive upgradable as well as it cant play Blu-Ray or HD-DVDs (Unless you have an adaptor). Also 360 doesnt run 1080i, the PS3 does. I'm running a 40" LCD Samsung 1080i and everything looks amazing, and Blu-Rays blow anything else away. The Cell-Technology in the PS3s is the single most advanced processor in the world (Even passes NASAs SINGLE processors, not all of them combined). Brad is a Resistance: Fall of Man Nerd, I play Warhawk, but be rest assured when COD4 comes out thats gonna be a HUGE hit. It will play in 1080p or i and will be truely a first Second-Gen game for PS3. People who have the 360 i feel bad for, cause now that Halo 3's out whats next your any of you? :biggrin: If anyone has a PS3 Add me, I'm Academix.

Eric

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, definitely a Resistance nerd. It is just flat out a killer game!!! Man if COD4 is as good, I'm in trouble. Can't wait to see 1080p though. Was a big difference for me going from a 720p monitor to a 1080p monitor on a 720p game.

COD4 for the 360 is already rated the game of the year and hasnt even dropped here yet. I wouldnt put a past that its THE game of the console, blowing that Halo crap outta the water. It's modern warfare so new weapons and so on. Go check out the trailers! Its gonna look crazy on my 56" samsung 1080p DLP screen.

Edited by RIPRuck

if COD4 is anythig like 3 its going to suck. I hate playing games that the whole map is a preset path and you cant deviate from it. the graphics are killer but the game its self sucked.

I played all of the call of duty titles, including the COD4 beta. It is gonna kick ass!

Edited by Snopczynski

Is there anyway you guys can even get 1080p out of your 360 games? If so it would have to be upconverted cause I can't see being able to get 1080p resolution information on a standard dual layered dvd. I can't wait to see native 1080p on cod4.

Yea Eric, we better just enjoy our friendship now, cause after we play against each other, I'm sure you may feel a little different. lol But hey, look at the bright side, we can play on the same team which I'm sure you will recommend. :biggrin:

Is there anyway you guys can even get 1080p out of your 360 games? If so it would have to be upconverted cause I can't see being able to get 1080p resolution information on a standard dual layered dvd. I can't wait to see native 1080p on cod4.

Yea Eric, we better just enjoy our friendship now, cause after we play against each other, I'm sure you may feel a little different. lol But hey, look at the bright side, we can play on the same team which I'm sure you will recommend. :biggrin:

Litsen here old man, we arn't playing tetris or pong anymore. I'll put you in your place just yet.

Litsen here old man, we arn't playing tetris or pong anymore. I'll put you in your place just yet.

Hey, just remember you have to crawl before you can walk. If you don't have pong and tetris mastered like I do, you will get crawled and walked all over. lol

I'm not getting either, I can pickup a Dual format combo HD/Blue-Ray/ with DVD/CD burner for a fraction of the price right now and toss it in my PC with Sage Media Player (use a remote and all that and access the HD drive and all the other DVD's that are ripped to my computer as well as pause / Record live TV and parse out commercials etc...PC's will be the new king of multimedia as soon as cable companies stop screwing with the firewire ports on the cable boxes. As of now most cables companies have disables alot of content you should be able to get through firewire.

I would not recommend either unit for HD or Blue-Ray purposes anymore. Comobo drive are on there way out which is help get rid of all these stupid formatting wars. It will be just like DVD + and - R format combo drives, where all the first ones out quickly became obsolete.

I'm just going to grab a new video card for my PC Q1 of next year which will be several times faster than either console the current GTX Ultra already is faster than either system, but the price tag reflects that as well, since it is rumored new cards available Q1 of 08 will double in speed once again the GTX prices should drop to much more reasonable levels. Also the graphics will be better due to updated pixle shaders and DX10 processing. Since I'm using 1080p 37" for a computer monitor the games will look excelent. Granted as of now, there are not many games for PC, since consoles are more affordable,and easier to copy protect while most people don't have 1080p or higher displays anyways.

if I was going to buy a console it would be the 360 hands down due to price and game titles since I would be getting it soley for games, however if I could chose either systemm for free I'd grab the top of the line PS3. I think it's funny how PS fans always knocked the x-box when it had better hardware and less games, while now PS3 has better hardware and less games. One Q though does the PS3 offer non wireless LAN? I always prefer a wired connection when possible... While the 360 may enable 1080p support the hardware is not really there to support it. HDMI is needed for 1080p, while some TV's allow 1080p over component video, I don't beleive Component cables meet the HDCP standards.

Edited by Justintoxicated

I hope the computers can play hd-dvd and blu-ray formats better than they played dvd's. The quality from those units were nothing to write home about, regardless of video card quality. But then again there has never really been a need for high end video processing units for computers as well as sound, at least not in the consumer market.

Also remember you can't compare the speed of a PC based video card to the PS3's cell.

PS3 has Cat5e and Wireless...Also it can do component and HDMI... The Next gen games are going to utilize the Blu-Ray disks on the PS3 as ONE of the maps on the upcoming games wont even fit on the 360 DVDs. Blue-Ray will infact be the future, while DVDs and HD-DVDs will be obsolete. Just some food for thought, any other questions you may have?