xbox 360 or playstation 3

extreem9

So I am thinkin about gettin a new console but I am not sure which is the one for me. I have a ps2 and it has been fun but I am ready to upgrade. I have heard alot of good things about both systems but I figured that I would throw it out to my group of peers, the great people of the banshee HQ nation!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PS3 all the way. The market is being flooded with tons of new games as I type. PS3 games are on blu-ray discs so the size capability far exceeds that of x-box 360's standard dvd. Built in wi-fi and playstation network is free vs x-box live yearly due's and 99.00 for a wifi adapter. Also the PS3's variety of card slots for transfer of music, pics, games, video's etc. You can also upgrade the PS3's hard drive to 250g since it uses a 2.5'' standard laptop drive and not a console specefic unit. The PS3 is hands down the technology leader of the two.

• 2 weeks later...
PS3 all the way. The market is being flooded with tons of new games as I type. PS3 games are on blu-ray discs so the size capability far exceeds that of x-box 360's standard dvd. Built in wi-fi and playstation network is free vs x-box live yearly due's and 99.00 for a wifi adapter. Also the PS3's variety of card slots for transfer of music, pics, games, video's etc. You can also upgrade the PS3's hard drive to 250g since it uses a 2.5'' standard laptop drive and not a console specefic unit. The PS3 is hands down the technology leader of the two.

Brad do the 20g and the 60g PS3 have the builtin WiFi? I was wondering cause i want to get mine on the internet....also just a side note the extra card slots and all that are not on the 20g unit only the bigger one.

i have a PS3, i dont play any games on it though. i pretty much use it as a blueray player and when my friends son comes over he plays my old ps2 games on there. there arnt as many good games for ps3 as 360 right now. but hopefully it will change.

exactly the 360 is a better gaming system with better games out Halo,madden,motogp,rockband is comeing out,guitar hero,gears of war, alls ive heard people say is they use their ps3 for the blueray but everyone plays the 360

exactly the 360 is a better gaming system with better games out Halo,madden,motogp,rockband is comeing out,guitar hero,gears of war, alls ive heard people say is they use their ps3 for the blueray but everyone plays the 360

I have both as well. Like them equally, honestly. The external HD DVD player is kinda a hack for the 360 though. I do use them alot for HD movies, both blu-ray and HD-DVD. One thing I do notice is that games for cross platforms tend to run about 10 bucks cheaper for the 360. FEAR was that way, as well as another one I just bought, but can't think of the name right now.