banshee leaks gas out of one of the plastic lines coming from carb

peterlocal22

whats up guys,

well i noticed my bros banshee is leaking gas. the carbs have several differnet plastic tube lines coming from them the two that are the longest lines and are located closest to the swing arm. well one or maybe both of those are leaking gas. i shut the gas line to off at the tank and it obviously stopped but anyone know what this is from?

never had this problem before.

thanks

Well...if I read that right, he's talking about the drain line...not the overflows (he said longest and closest to the swingarm)

There should be a phillips screw on the actual bottom of each bowl, tighten it.

If they still leak...remove each carb bowl, remove the screw...clean it out free from dirt/grime, and put the screw back in tightened down.

These guys are talking about the two "spigots, or nipples" on both sides of the carbs...these are overflow vents.

If the floats stick...it will come out of here.

I think you're talking about the drain hose on the very bottom of the carb...no??

Well...if I read that right, he's talking about the drain line...not the overflows (he said longest and closest to the swingarm)

There should be a phillips screw on the actual bottom of each bowl, tighten it.

If they still leak...remove each carb bowl, remove the screw...clean it out free from dirt/grime, and put the screw back in tightened down.

These guys are talking about the two "spigots, or nipples" on both sides of the carbs...these are overflow vents.

If the floats stick...it will come out of here.

I think you're talking about the drain hose on the very bottom of the carb...no??

Very true, I forgot about that, My PWK's don't have that screw.

i was in a bit of a rush so i didnt really get in there. but theres a long line on each of the carbs. Infact its the longest line(s) out of all of them. that line goes right out to the bottom of the bike. if you have a belly skid plate on your bike it goes beyond the sid behind the last frame rail that holds the motor. so if you look under a bike w a belly skid its the only two lines you will see. im bad at explaining stuff sorry. if this doesnt make sense ican take a pic tomorrow?

thanks for your speeedy replies guys.

Just went through this with my shee usally cleanin the needle and sat fixes it but this time i had to order a carb rebuild kit and swap the needle and seat with new ones and its fixed now

Well....if you cleaned or swapped the needle and seat to fix the overflow screw on the bottom of the carbs....I think you might have wasted your money....

:whistling:

• 1 month later...

well i tightened the four screws on the bottom of the carb. still leaked, i then took the bottom part of the carb off that holds the gas, and cleaned it, put it back and it still leaks? its only on one carb. any other suggestions?

thanks

well i tightened the four screws on the bottom of the carb. still leaked, i then took the bottom part of the carb off that holds the gas, and cleaned it, put it back and it still leaks? its only on one carb. any other suggestions?

thanks

I don't think those are the screws the guys were talking about.

Stand on the left side of your bike and look at your carbs. Right next to the drain hose is a phillips screw, one for each carb. If that screw is loose then gas will leak out of the hose. Make sure they are tight and if you feel any grit then clean them out. Good luck!

I don't think those are the screws the guys were talking about.

Stand on the left side of your bike and look at your carbs. Right next to the drain hose is a phillips screw, one for each carb. If that screw is loose then gas will leak out of the hose. Make sure they are tight and if you feel any grit then clean them out. Good luck!

ok that makes more sense i was alittle confused before. ill check it first thing tomorrow

thanks for clearing that up

ok that makes more sense i was alittle confused before. ill check it first thing tomorrow

thanks for clearing that up

took the screw out of each carb cleaned it, still leaking. then took the whole bottom half of the carbs off and replaced them w diff bottom halfs that i know were not leaking. it still leaks. whats next the floats?