What is the Best Air Filter setup for Sand?

jayzx10r

Which is Best For Your Engine??  

65 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Running a filter with the maximum amount of plys without restricting airflow is the best obviosly. K&N filter are 4 ply. so i would go atleast with 4 play. i know FCI makes their filters wwith 8 ply but they dont offer any thing except the filters that fit thier intakes.

also some sort of "sock" wether it be outterware or a knock off to help protect against the small particals. A buddy used the uni pod with oil and it was rediculose how much sand stuck to his filter... he ended up throwing it away casue he couldnt get it all out.

I have the (oiled, of course!!) 3-3/8"x6" K&Ns and run the Uni foam wraps dry over them.

I'm trying to find out if I should run what I have or change some aspect of my filtration system.

this is probly one of those topics much like what oil to run. everyone will say use this... thats what i use. as long as your not chokeing your motor and your keeping particals out keep what you have. I keep it simple becasue i have no reason to change what im running. k%n knockoffs with outers very ez to clean and dosnet restirct flow.

I have the (oiled, of course!!) 3-3/8"x6" K&Ns and run the Uni foam wraps dry over them.

I'm trying to find out if I should run what I have or change some aspect of my filtration system.

I have 2 clamp on filters clamped directly to the carbs....

So should I quit using the Uni Filter Wrap and get a set of Outerwears?? I have not seen any grit in my carbs yet but I don't want to, either!!

I didn't realize this is one of those subjective issues...like oil choice. If what I have is as good as it gets...or needs to be...I'll keep it. But if it is inferior, I'd rather change it now rather than a top end later!! :blush:

Thanks, Jay.

BTW: I guess I erased the first couple of votes. I thought that if I clicked the "null vote" button, I could see the results and it would only nullify MY ability to vote. It isn't like I want to vote on something I'm asking questions about!!

I've been using UNI Pods on my bike. The only problem I've had was oiling them too much on the outside, which would get the Outerwear soaked, then it would clog up after a couple of days of ridding. I thought something was wrong with my bike because it was bogging out, but it was just the clogged Outerwear.

I've been using UNI Pods on my bike. The only problem I've had was oiling them too much on the outside, which would get the Outerwear soaked, then it would clog up after a couple of days of ridding. I thought something was wrong with my bike because it was bogging out, but it was just the clogged Outerwear.

That's why I don't like the foam filters....