yfz 450 arms on a shee

Dgrey

I have a guy now that has the uppers and lowers off a yfz 450. So if I was to get those then what else would I need? I need those spacers for the lowers and stock YFZ 450 shocks, right? I know there is one guy that sells the arms and the spacers, but he is not responding to me and its been a week or more. Let me know y'all.... is it cheaper/better to go the YFZ 450 suspensnio set up or drive to alba and pay $799 for their +2+0 with elka shocks?

If they guy that made and sold the spacers for the yfz arms is not selling anymore how do I go about making them work?

Is it even worth it to do all this stuff?

Here is a link to the guys' post that im talking about that sells/used to sell them

http://www.bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?...78458&st=60

Edited by Dgrey

That guy has the spacers but dont think he has the time right now to do the mod for you. If you can do it like others have than he'll sell you the spacers and NOSS rods if you need them.. I talked to him last week and he verified he had some spacers available.

On another note, I have a full set of upper and lower 450 a-arms and shocks off a 05 that are in great shape. PM me an offer for the full set if your interested.

I researched it and I don't think it is worth it. I would go with adjustable aftermarket a-arms.

What's not worth it? And what research did you find? I think the price on the parts is rather cheap. I found my a-arms for 150 dollars off ebay, 07 LE models to be specific, and found shocks in the 150 range. 300 dollars for fully adjustable shocks and plus 2.25 arms sounds good to me at least.

2003banshee I believe is his name is still doing arms, he is currently doing a firemans academy or something along those lines but will be home a few times a month. If you pm him he will contact you when he has time, and he does have the spacers as well. I am waiting for him to contact me so I can ship my parts out to him. You can do either setup without using the other.... banshee shocks, YFZ arms or YFZ shocks banshee arms. There are ways to make both work.

I did it...and I like 'em a lot! Look >HERE<.

You lose 1 1/2" in height and gain 5" in width and gain 1" in wheel base.

With a rear shock re spring and re valve, I have a little over $700 in the whole suspension upgrade. Worth every penny to me.

Before the upgrade I had to get up on the gas tank to get a launch when sand dragging. Now I have to slide back to a more normal riding position to get it to hook. I believe that losing that 1 1/2" height in the front helped it to hook a little better. and with the rear shock re spring and re valve, it squats a little better in a ballistic launch.

If you are a serious racer, there are better options. However, for the average trail/dune rider it is a very nice upgrade.