PowerBand Delay

kskjofire

Jetting can severly augment the way power delivery feels. It may be alot different if your jetting and needle position still needs to be adjusted. What was this bike like before you put these parts on? What pipes, etc......?

Edited by Snopczynski

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jetting can severly augment the way power delivery feels. It may be alot different if your jetting and needle position still needs to be adjusted. What was this bike like before you put these parts on? What pipes, etc......?

Maybe a need to adjust my needle and jets, igot my needle in the 4 clip i am going to the 3rd and see.

Its not what you guys think(the driver). I think something is wrong before the POWER BAND. GOT dirt bikes dont feel like that.

i had a yz 125 and it was a bit of an adjustment goin to the banshee because even the 125 hit a little sooner, but not nearly as hard as the banshee did with just pipes.

if you are used to a 250 2 stroke dirtbike then the banshee will definitly feel sluggish off the bottom.

this is not to say that you dont have a possible jetting issue. what is your compression?

If it's coming on while your hitting the throttle, try raising the needle 1 clip or even 2, you can always put it back. Pay close attention tot he throttle position, if its fine until you hit WOT, then it's more likely to be the main and you'll want to switch that. The needles are easy to play with so just try that real quick and see if it helps.

i found the best mod to eliminate this delay was to "GO BIGGER" try boring the cylinders and adding 2.5mm oversize pistons. it brings it to about 402cc makes a massive difference from the bottom to the top, it laughs at 4bangers.

or you could be more aggressive with the clutch to pick up the revs and "RING ITS NECK"

but hey what do i know i'm only a rookie here at HQ

i found the best mod to eliminate this delay was to "GO BIGGER" try boring the cylinders and adding 2.5mm oversize pistons. it brings it to about 402cc makes a massive difference from the bottom to the top, it laughs at 4bangers.

or you could be more aggressive with the clutch to pick up the revs and "RING ITS NECK"

i use the rev and dump to keep the rpms up too. My clutch hates me :happy:

so your saying take a fresh cylinder and bore it out to the max of .100 over to get gains to beat a 4 stroke? if so your a god damn fool. thats the worst advice iv heard in a long time! there is plenty of other thing you can do to that motor without killing the life of it to get a bigger piston in there.

edit: oh and that makes it a 382 not a 402

Edited by Bansh-eman

Ok guys My Banshee has like 1 or 2 seconds DELAY to hit the power band. This is my first Shee. Is this normal? O and is happening in 1st and 2 gear. I got 06shee, T6's, VF3, T jet kit, 280 main, clip in the 4 grove, +4 plate, stock carb and 1 1/2 aircrew. THANK GUYS FOR ALL THE HELP. IF I RACE W/my friend that delay is killing me.

You did not mention anything about what type of air filter you are running. Does that mean you have the airbox, stock filter, and snorkel installed? With performance exhaust systems, that engine needs to breath! If your intake is completely stock, you may be rich on the main and the needle.

Clean your carbs real good, check the float level, and then check your jetting with a good old fashioned plug chop. It will tell you everything you need to know. As mentioned above, start with the mains, then needle, then airscrew and pilot. Once the jetting is right, it is much easier to further investigate problems the correct jetting did not solve.

How Carburetors Work

What Is Jetting

Troubleshooting Your Jetting Issues

Plug Chop

No boring necessary for this problem.....:whistling:

You did not mention anything about what type of air filter you are running. Does that mean you have the airbox, stock filter, and snorkel installed? With performance exhaust systems, that engine needs to breath! If your intake is completely stock, you may be rich on the main and the needle.

Clean your carbs real good, check the float level, and then check your jetting with a good old fashioned plug chop. It will tell you everything you need to know. As mentioned above, start with the mains, then needle, then airscrew and pilot. Once the jetting is right, it is much easier to further investigate problems the correct jetting did not solve.

How Carburetors Work

What Is Jetting

Troubleshooting Your Jetting Issues

Plug Chop

No boring necessary for this problem.....:whistling:

I got the airbox w/t6 air filter and like 8 or 10 holes, no snorkel. What do you think?