02' Banshee

AJC

Hey guys/gals, im in the market for a banshee and will be picking up my first one this up comming friday sept.7th. i was doing some research on these aweomse looking machines and found this pretty helpful looking forum.

so my question is. what are the pros and cons with a 2002 banshee? the bike already has a boost bottle. pro circuit pipes and headers. 4inch extended back axel and jetted.

i commonly found information that the chain tightening was a pain in the ass?

any information would be great!

thanks,

Adam

Hey guys/gals, im in the market for a banshee and will be picking up my first one this up comming friday sept.7th. i was doing some research on these aweomse looking machines and found this pretty helpful looking forum.

so my question is. what are the pros and cons with a 2002 banshee? the bike already has a boost bottle. pro circuit pipes and headers. 4inch extended back axel and jetted.

thanks,

Adam

Welcome and good choice. You will love that banshee and find that your wallet may get thinner. All banshees are basically the same. In 1991, J-arms went to A-arms, the wire harness connectors changed once or twice over the years, a brake light was added in 2002 (?), and heal guards were added at some point. The chain adjustment is a stupid design, but it is not that bad.

Many people like Pro Circuit pipes, so no worries there. I would not ever mention boost bottle on this site again...., do a search and you will see why. In fact, take it off and put the stock tube back on. Boost bottles do nothing performance wise and have been known to crack the intakes.

Well, that's my $0.02 worth. Good luck next week! :thumbsup:

what are the pros and cons with a 2002 banshee? the bike already has a boost bottle. pro circuit pipes and headers. 4inch extended back axel and jetted.

thanks,

Adam

Adam, welcome to the BHQ.

THere is lots of info to be found here.

I dont really see many cons to the banshee other than its chassis and suspension

in reguards to the newer machines.

THere is lots of fun to be had with these machines. Upkeep and preventive maintenance

is the key to enjoying these machines for years to come.

As far as tightening the chain, it is a cumbersome task but, IMO is not a factor that

hurts the banshee's reputation.

:beer:

thanks guys! your all being a big help here since ive only owned all 4 stroke besides a kx250 which i had millions of problems with and drained my wallet on every ride.

im looking forward to hoping on this thing and going for a rip! ill post up some pictures when i get her. and what i think performance wise.

by what im reading here i wont be disapointed.

bansheekid - this bike is the same as yours with the black plastic and the white.

well to mention this site again. theres alot of useful information on here. and awesome looking bikes.

ive been doing more reading and searching around on here than posting. so much info!

well guys thanks again!

friday is getting closer :biggrin: !

Tightening the chain is just a matter of loosening a few bolts moving the swingarm and tightening them back up. Very simply.

As for the boost bottle, dont swet it. I been having one and it never hurt my bike one bit.

Edited by RagunCajun

alright guys/gals

im heading to look at the bike in the morning. any tips for what to look for?

this will be my first racing quad and i have no idea what to look for besides chain and sprockets and bushing and bearings.

any help would be great.. thanks!

oh and this is a different bike.. its an 03', pipped and jetted

oil leaks, tonds of smoke, smoke on only one side, cracks, lots of rust, look at bolts if there hacked up then it mite of been jacked with like on the engine and stuff. cut wires. thats what i do at least :confused:

alright thanks, im getting the general idea of everything now, im going to take my buddy with me cause he has a predator and knows more about bikes than me!.

ill post up a pic when i get her today!

got the bike fellas!

all i can say its INSANE!

i was told to mix the oil 21:1.. sounded like aot to me but seems to run great!

but the bike has.. pro circuit pipes, shes jetted and k&n air filter. im very pleased with her! :biggrin:

im cleaning her up and ill get a few snaps.