spacer plate location

PSYKO

Are your cylinders ported now? Where they reported for the 4mill crank? Some builders do there portjobs with the spacer plate. If your builder ported the cylinders for use with a spacer plate then you probably should keep the plate.

When you raise or lower the cylinders your changing the port timings wich can affect how your banshee runs.

Are your cylinders ported now? Where they reported for the 4mill crank? Some builders do there portjobs with the spacer plate. If your builder ported the cylinders for use with a spacer plate then you probably should keep the plate.

When you raise or lower the cylinders your changing the port timings wich can affect how your banshee runs.

Exactly. And if your engine isn't ported for the 4 mill, then get the engine ported. Without porting (done specifically for the stroker), the 4 mill is a waste.

Edited by dawarriorman

good to see it all worked out.. its amazing when i a biulder tells you to use a plate.. ppl tell you not to use it.. and throw it away.. and they know nothing about running a plate... cus they base there opinions on hearsay.. id like to know how many ppl that say not to use or throw away have actually ran a plate before and had problems from the actual plate and not just change it cus of what they heard?????

good to see it all worked out.. its amazing when i a biulder tells you to use a plate.. ppl tell you not to use it.. and throw it away.. and they know nothing about running a plate... cus they base there opinions on hearsay.. id like to know how many ppl that say not to use or throw away have actually ran a plate before and had problems from the actual plate and not just change it cus of what they heard?????

Yeah, if your builder setup the cylinders to be run with a plate, it's just not a matter of tossing the plate in the garbage. Your port timings will be 2mm plus a basegasket thickness lower than what they were setup for. Personally, I'd prefer to not run one. I've never read anything from a reputable builder about the pros/cons, other than having to run an extra base gasket and having another possible point of failure. With the spacer plate though, you do gain some slight crankcase volume. Whether that's good or bad probably is determined by a plethora of variables (stroke, port timing, etc).