$12,500 banshee

Handyman

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Brad all i can say is a cub is all purpose intended from cp to be a drag motor. and you can still get "full drag porting" on them as well.

I didnt realize you where the guy that rides a cub as a duner lol. If i had known that id have taken a pop at you lol....

I can understand a cub being more geared for drag since they don't include the pv's. I'm just saying the whole purpose of a pv is beyond the drag racing realm, but you can still block them off and modify these motors strictly for drag if you so choose. I just don't want someone to assume that the word "Cheetah" denotes a drag motor only, they are really so much more than just that. The 421 cub is an awesome dune motor (from personal experience) and countless others use it for that as well. You add PV's to a cub and it would even be better for the tighter stuff. I set out to build the ultimate duner and I also like to drag for fun. The only thing I think I would change is going to a 400 or 421 Cheetah just for the PV's. You can pop away if you like though, lol.

I still consider myself new to the banshee world and haven't ridden many banshee's at all and I know from the differences from my mostly stock '99 and from my cheetah P.V. the p.v is a hell of lot more funner to ride. Yeah I have to work the clutch a little more than I do on my '99 when I'm messing around in the dunes but oh well. I like the fact that I can go from messing around in the dunes, ride up to the drags and launch and still be either the leader of the pack or be side side up the hill. If I had the money and the option I would drop a cheetah P.V. motor in my '99. I like the factt hat the powervalve motor can be used for just about anything when out in the dunes. Yeah you can do that with just about any motor but not people can say that they can line up at the drags with the big boys and then go out and play in the dunes. A power vale motor is such a diverse motor.

I still consider myself new to the banshee world and haven't ridden many banshee's at all and I know from the differences from my mostly stock '99 and from my cheetah P.V. the p.v is a hell of lot more funner to ride. Yeah I have to work the clutch a little more than I do on my '99 when I'm messing around in the dunes but oh well. I like the fact that I can go from messing around in the dunes, ride up to the drags and launch and still be either the leader of the pack or be side side up the hill. If I had the money and the option I would drop a cheetah P.V. motor in my '99. I like the factt hat the powervalve motor can be used for just about anything when out in the dunes. Yeah you can do that with just about any motor but not people can say that they can line up at the drags with the big boys and then go out and play in the dunes. A power vale motor is such a diverse motor.

Exactly the point I was trying to make.

I'm building a 421 Cub Duner right now....And from what I heard PV's are overrated anyways. I was thinking about a 421 Cheata with PV, but I read the cub will end up working a little better at the hill, plus I don't need a special head or new reeds etc. I should have more lowend than my 350 stock stroke anyways.

Sticking with CPi Big Bores too. Sure Shearers make more power but they just suck on a dune bike. Looked into Trinity pipes but decided it would be holding the motor back too much. But if the CPI's don't work out I will switch to something else possibly the trinity pipes.

Edited by Justintoxicated

I didn't see a 10 gallon gas tank on that...other wise, he sure ain't going 60 miles on a stock tank with that motor.

Clean bike...up until he put craptor plastics on it.....I bet it is an awesome duner for sure.

I could build my bike twice for 12500 though...

what 60 miles on a tank of gas

wide open i can go 6 miles on a 1/4 tank of gas