Yamalube 2R and 2S

cracked

The wife was being helpful and stopped by the shop to pick up some oil. She picked up 2S instead of 2R. I know 2S is supposed to be for engines with an oil injector but is there really any difference? Maybe the 2S is a little thinner to go through the injector easier.... I dunno....

Just for sh!ts and giggles... Say someone had a Blaster and ran the 2s in the injector system and then blocked the system off and had to premix. Wouldn't the 2S being used as a premix have the same result as before?

Pulled from Dirtrider.net:

Mineral based injector oils usually have a different dilutent makeup. Basically they have to control the pour point to keep the paraffin content of the oil from compromising injector flow at lower temperatures. Lower priced oils tend to have have higher paraffin contents and need greater volumes of dilutent to control low temp flow. This isn't to say 2R can't be used in an injector, it's more a case of consideration for these issues may not have been specifically addressed during the design phase.

2-S is more of a injector oil for a little PW50.

Mineral based injector oils usually have a different dilutent makeup. Basically they have to control the pour point to keep the paraffin content of the oil from compromising injector flow at lower temperatures. Lower priced oils tend to have have higher paraffin contents and need greater volumes of dilutent to control low temp flow. This isn't to say 2R can't be used in an injector, it's more a case of consideration for these issues may not have been specifically addressed during the design phase.

Not sure what your trying to say. Look at how many people run Amsoil Dominator. It is an injector oil.

I saw this same thing when I googled it... That and a bunch of other back and forth conflicting reports on what the difference is and if it's ok as a premix. I'm thinking that my bikes are stock and close to stock and that it should be ok. I was just checking if anyone on here had any experience with it.

Thanks all!