clutch plates blue

my buddies bike watcha think

we took apart for shift star

clutch was working perfect ,its a fast clutch set up 6 months old can i put back in or should i buy new plates ? and can you buy just plates? thanks

my bad here is picture .do you think i can scuf and reuse? clutch was working perfect

clutchplate.jpg

I wouldnt re use the plate but thats just me others might... and yes you can buy just the plates.... I do believe that Jeff uses oem plates in his clutches.... If u have a clymers it will tell you the specs on plate thickness ...Im sure others will chime in

-Zach

I would not use it either, how to the clutch plates look, the metal plates look burnt so I would imagine the others have some serious wear as well?.

What oil were you running? Was your clutch slipping alot?

My stock clutch is 7 years old and looks better than that plate.

clutch looks great , no slipping at all, got new plates i will put back together this week thanks for the input

My FAST clutch went through 05 on my stock motor, 06 on my 4 mil cub and all of this year on my 10 mil cub/alky.

It don't look nothin like that...

Loose or worn parts, mis-adjusted....something ain't right, those things are burned up fo sho....

What do your basket, inner and outer hub look like?

Springs rarely, if ever go bad...

What about the adjustment....is the arm properly adjusted?

I'm on my 3rd year of abuse on my clutch, badassbanshee I think has that much and more on his clutch....something mechanically doesn't add up partner.

My FAST clutch went through 05 on my stock motor, 06 on my 4 mil cub and all of this year on my 10 mil cub/alky.

It don't look nothin like that...

Loose or worn parts, mis-adjusted....something ain't right, those things are burned up fo sho....

What do your basket, inner and outer hub look like?

Springs rarely, if ever go bad...

What about the adjustment....is the arm properly adjusted?

I'm on my 3rd year of abuse on my clutch, badassbanshee I think has that much and more on his clutch....something mechanically doesn't add up partner.

i agree. ive been on the same FAST clutch setup for like 3 years now. when i bought it, i also bought new clutch inner and outer hub and pressure plate. if the other clutch components are worn thats more than likely the issue.