NEW CUB SETUP (INSTALLED)

1966nova

i just installed a new cheetah cub 68 mm ,vito hemi head, vf3,35 air strikers,shear in frame pipes, today

the bike definatly lost low end?? i no problaly the pipes?? runs real strong the guy i bought the combo from

dynoed it at 82hp.....

my question is what will give me more low end power?? i had fmffattys on it and shaved head and was reall torquee....

also i uped my timing around +7 tonight i have ridden since it was +4

thanks ,,,, do you guys think it was a good combo, i mostly race in dirt and trail ride

thanks again im very new with the banshees and the site is AWSOME.............

most of the time those cubs wont make any bottom end unless they are ported for it. So, chances are if its ported to be a top end motor, it isn't going to matter what pipes you bolt on it, it wont make a lot of bottom end power. We just went through the same thing with my friends dad's motor. For some reason he though bolting on a set of pt low-mid pipes was gonna fix it all. In the end, the motor had to be resleeved and reported for more botttom end power.

i just installed a new cheetah cub 68 mm ,vito hemi head, vf3,35 air strikers,shear in frame pipes, today

the bike definatly lost low end?? i no problaly the pipes?? runs real strong the guy i bought the combo from

dynoed it at 82hp.....

my question is what will give me more low end power?? i had fmffattys on it and shaved head and was reall torquee....

also i uped my timing around +7 tonight i have ridden since it was +4

thanks ,,,, do you guys think it was a good combo, i mostly race in dirt and trail ride

thanks again im very new with the banshees and the site is AWSOME.............

the timing advance will help, hopefully you are running race gas. but you are effectively using a set of drag cylinders that aren't really designed for your type of riding. There are things you can do to them to make them perform like you want, but I'm a huge advocate of a 4mm stock cylinder setup with a dune port. It's just a more usable type of power for this type of riding, and will beat most bikes you come across drag racing as well.

yes the cylinders where very mimld port clean up by vito when my friend bought the comb.... he sold it to me at a very good price he is building a 10 mill....

i will try the advanced timing he said at 9-10+ you can only run it for short drags and let it cool down.... so i am going to try +7

we race usually on loose dirt about 500-800 ft... so hopefully this combo will come on strong on the topend...

he said if i put the fmf fattys on it ill loose 10-12hp over the sheares......

the bike feels great but very doggy until have throttle..... but definatly its a to end monster hahahah

ALSO will lighten flywheel help any thing?????

Edited by 1966nova

should have done a search, this topic has only been covered a 1000 times!!

The cub cylinder, by design is a drag race cylinder right out of the box! this means that it will have very little bottom end, a decent mid range, and a top end that will rip your arms off!

Yes you can choke it down and try and make it have more low end, but doesn't that defeat the purpose of having a drag race cylinder??

I would get rid of the cub and have a set of stock cylinders done up for the type of riding you will be doing.

Cheaper in the long run, and will perform a hole lot better!!

should have done a search, this topic has only been covered a 1000 times!!

The cub cylinder, by design is a drag race cylinder right out of the box! this means that it will have very little bottom end, a decent mid range, and a top end that will rip your arms off!

Yes you can choke it down and try and make it have more low end, but doesn't that defeat the purpose of having a drag race cylinder??

I would get rid of the cub and have a set of stock cylinders done up for the type of riding you will be doing.

Cheaper in the long run, and will perform a hole lot better!!

Are cubs trail friendly part XXXXXVVVIIII

No..

When I first built my 4 mil cub last year, I started with T5 pipes and stock carbs. That's about as much as you can choke it down without going to a single pipe/single carb setup.

Put the timing at +12, get the compression to about 180PSI...and you absolutely must run full race fuel.

That's as much low end and mid-range you're going to get out of that monster....period.

And don't listen to the naysayers whine about that't too much timing....as long as your jetted correctly, it's not.

Ask badassbanshee479 and bigboybanshee how much better their bikes ran once they ramped up the timing, they'll tell you.....

thanks for the replys ill play with the timing ,i just wanna make sure ill beat all the 4 strokes at the place we go ride i usually have but i could of used more topend so this cub will def have that........

Hope you got an override and lockup....cause it ain't gonna shift if not...

If you were worried about beating four strokes, a strong dune port on stock cylinders is all you'd need....you went way overkill....

Hope you got an override and lockup....cause it ain't gonna shift if not...

If you were worried about beating four strokes, a strong dune port on stock cylinders is all you'd need....you went way overkill....

i wanna beat them bad hahahahha (overkill)

ya i did it because i got a really good deal on this set-up i talked to vitos they said they widen the bore a little

not really ported high or low..........

im going to ride it this weekend and if im not to happy ill port my stock jugs and sell the cub/carbs keep the head....

Edited by 1966nova

i wanna beat them bad hahahahha (overkill)

ya i did it because i got a really good deal on this set-up i talked to vitos they said they widen the bore a little

not really ported high or low..........

im going to ride it this weekend and if im not to happy ill port my stock jugs and sell the cub/carbs keep the head....

You mean they widened the exhaust, NOT the bore....

If you want to sell the setup, let me know...