So The Question Is:

jayzx10r

Last Saturday night I rolled up to this hole-the-wall bar in El Cajon (do a search on flatbiller) on my '05 Kawasaki ZX10r and parked a space away from a Road Oiler (HD..Hardly Ableson). A couple of girls (a term I use kindly) and what I imagine to be the owner of one of the bikes were smogging (smoking) out front of the bar.

One of the huskies barks out to me that my bike is "so cute" because it is "so small." She then went on about how her and her girlfriend both own and ride HD Sportster 1200s. I told her that my bike was just a little 1000 so that could explain the size thing. I guess she was impressed when I told her that It had dynoed at 167.5 RWHP because she said "oh," and trotted back into the bar.

So the other girl said that she couldn't imagine riding some POS JapCrap and didn't care that it did over 100MPH in first gear. She didn't even smile when I told her the other 5 gears were just for better mileage. I told her that the Enkei wheels, Mikuni carb, and Showa forks/shocks made her bike perform better then the older Sporty in the parking lot, but I don't think it registered to her...so much for discussing trajectory and the time/space continuum...

So now the guy chimes in and says that there is NO WAY he would EVER ride a Honda.

I agreed with him on that. :thumbsup:

Then I asked him...

Why Do You Ride?

His answer was...get this... "For The Fuckin' Freedom, Man!!." :shoothead: :shoothead: :shoothead:

He then put his thumbs in his belt and was sooo proud of himself.

........WOW....... I just shook my head in disbelief.....

So....today's questions to you is:

Why do you ride?? :cool:

Edited by jayzx750

Well freedom can be taken in many ways. There is a certain freedom that is for sure that comes with riding. here in the US riding is more recreational, where as other countries this is a way of life. I ride off road for the fun and sometimes the challenge of what maybe out there to tackle, hills, trails, track ect.. I ride street for freedom, yes. When something is bothering there is nothing better than going out to hammer some back roads, to clear the mind. But I also ride for the freedom of it was by choice I picked out my bike, and I can use it when and just about where I want.

BTW, the x-10 is a sweet bike, what color is yours? Everyone I know with one seems to have gone with the black.

My $.02: Naked street bikes rule! I ride an FZ1 and love getting out on the back roads to clear my mind. My other favorite thing is deflating the EGOS of the harley guys I work with.

Favorite quote: "Had my harley doing 105 last night" (said with a redneck accent) I say "No shit, I did that too, then I shifted into third" He says "Bet you werent hauling a six pack in each saddlebag" (got me there) I say "bet you werent wearing a helmet" he says "I ain't wearing no damn helmet" I say "god has a way of sorting the morons out doesnt he?"...blank stare

RIDE ON!

at the moment theres a softail deluxe a cbr and a banshee in my garage. i would never down someone because of the kinda bike they ride.theres a pocket bike in my office, i grin like a big retard flyin around on that.WHY DO I RIDE? because i can. to get out of the house away from my wife and kids for a few.how can you tell a happy irishman motorcyclist? by the bugs on his teeth,i really can`t tell you why. i just like shit with motors.

at the moment theres a softail deluxe a cbr and a banshee in my garage. i would never down someone because of the kinda bike they ride.theres a pocket bike in my office, i grin like a big retard flyin around on that.WHY DO I RIDE? because i can. to get out of the house away from my wife and kids for a few.how can you tell a happy irishman motorcyclist? by the bugs on his teeth,i really can`t tell you why. i just like shit with motors.

I ride to clear my mind.....

that amount of time im riding it is just me and my bike nothing else exists..no kids,no girlfriend,no bills ......

nothing....its just me and my bike

Dan

I ride cause it's the best thing next to sex but without the back talk. I love it after a few tough days you hop on the shee and throw it around and beat on it like it owed you money. After that you feel great and sleep like a baby. Personally, I really don't care what you ride, as long as you're riding and having fun. As far as talking smack, talk is cheap. Prove the shit you're talking or sit on the fu**ing bench and shut up. You're wasting good riding time.

WHY DO I RIDE? because i can. to get out of the house away from my wife and kids for a few.how can you tell a happy irishman motorcyclist? by the bugs on his teeth,i really can`t tell you why. i just like shit with motors.

Huge ditto there! For me, it's finding that fine line where you do something that scares you, then trying to repeat it. On my Raptor, it's jumping and full throttle wjheelies, on my FZ1 its 1st 2nd 3rd power wheelies, on the kawasaki prairie its finding the biggest nastiest mudpit and flying through it, or spending an hour cleaning it out cause I didn't make it. "shit with motors" sums it up for me. :beer:

I like riding because i dont have a licence so the shee gives me gr8 freedom with nothing on ure mind other then is that dune sharp enough to jump? it gets everything out of ure head and brings u down to earth and makes me peacefull without a care in the world