400ex lol

Ive got a friend that is a die-hard 400ex fan. Hes always hinting that he thinks his cammed 400 is faster than the shee but he never actually says it. Well, we went riding this weekend and after being on the trails for a while we decide to take it back to the trucks for lunch and hes like "wanna ride the 400?". I say sure and hand over my bike. No exageration, halfway back to the trucks, he pulls over on the trail and gets off my bike and says he cant handle the powerband and hes gonna put it in the trees.....lol so we switch back and he now describes the banshee as like riding a constant explosion. Im very comfy with my bike but I will say that the timid power of a 400 is alot more comfortable on the trails since the bike isnt trying to rip the handlebars out of your hands everytime you blip the throttle and grab traction. The wife is wanting a bike and I think she might end up with a 400 so I can use it in the woods when she doesnt go: )

if your gonna go with a 400 for the wife and for you on the trails I would rec going with a ltz 400..it has better suspension and a water cooled engine....my .02

Good advice but I like the track record of the Honda. I might also look into a stock 660(better comfort for my big ass) Its rarely trails soo tight your barely moving so the cooling isnt a big issue. I have 4 friends on 400ex's and they get along just fine on all the trails but truely suck on hill climbs and drag racing........the wife wont be doing that much though.

Edited by greencoloredride

400ex = timex

everyone has tryed to break it I rolled it backwards on a hill 10year old put it on a powerline guidewire 3rd gear only the sixpack rack was on the ground wiferolled it sideway on the side of a dune, granddaughter boy friend jumped off the road thought a six strand barbwire fence yes he had on a helment and goggles it broke the helment he was wearing Quad bent the bumper and bars also bent a rim.

I just sold my 400. Bought it in February as a backup for my drag bike.

I've went to the dunes twice this year, and ended up riding the 400 more than my blown up drag bike...

I finally got my shee sorted, and have confidence in it at the strip and dunes.

That 400 I had went through hell, I knew the original owner...

I'm going to end up with an automatic 4X4 for me and the gal next year...but that 400 sure was a fun wheelie machine.

The reality is for me, anyways...I'll either be at the strip or the dunes. I have a bike for that. I won't take the 4X4 to the strip or dunes, and won't take my shee to the trails...so, that's why I sold my 4X4...

That, and I got what I had into it...no loss, so..it was a quick and easy sell.

Good advice but I like the track record of the Honda. I might also look into a stock 660(better comfort for my big ass) Its rarely trails soo tight your barely moving so the cooling isnt a big issue. I have 4 friends on 400ex's and they get along just fine on all the trails but truely suck on hill climbs and drag racing........the wife wont be doing that much though.

sounds good stick with the 400ex then, i'd stay away from a 660 though for sure lol

Ha Haaa.. That's pretty damn funny!!

The 400 is a good cruiser for the trails.

I like the sonic boom that the Banshee creates..

My girl and I rode trails this weekend, she doesn't like the 4 stroke ride..

She rather ride the Banshee because she loves that powerband feel.

We'll be shopping for her bike soon, most likely will have to a Banshee!

I personally like 400EX's alot. Whether it's a wife's bike, backup bike, trail bike, or camp toy at the dunes, they are always a blast. I have borrowed a few of them at the dunes over the years (when one of my Banshees or trikes took a dump) and really had alot of fun on them. The engines are simple (in a good way (and y'all know I am an engine nerd)), they handle well in almost all situations, and they can be made to run pretty hard (for a 400cc engine that is of a 30 year old design). :geek: