Trying to clean my cases

Ok imagine the dirtiest, oiliest, nastiest cases. Now multiply that by about 100 and you've got mine. I used a whole can of engine degreaser, 1/2 a bottle of simple green, diesel, and a little bit of parts washer fluid on this yesterday, scrubbing it about 10 times and it's still got this layer of crap on it. Is there anything I can put on a die grinder or dremel that will take this off while not f'ing up the metal by scratching it bad. This is the only dirty part left on my bike while I'm rebuilding it and it looks terrible.

Carb cleaner, and a scrub brush will work. And if thats not good enough when your done, paint them or if you have the time polish them.

I figured the stuff i used would be tougher then carb cleaner, and i scrubbed the shit out of it.

Don't really wanna paint cuz i know it'll get carb cleaner, gas, and all kinds of crap on it and i know that's not good for the paint.

I figured the stuff I used was stronger then carb cleaner, but I'll give it a try and maybe wet sand on it some with some 800 grit or somethin.

no yea that purple power and whatever degreaser shit they sell sucks!!! carb cleaner makes a good insect killer too.

I believe the method that is preferred by Bigred35-X and myself is soaking the cases in diesel and then hitting them with a pressure washer. :thumbsup:

Word........I have diesel fuel in my parts washer tank and it works awesome, if that doesn't work, a friend of mine has a auto detail business and has some industrial strenght degreaser that works well for me.

Oven cleaner or that aircraft paint stripper that walmart sales....The aircraft stuff works wonders, its in a light blue and white spray can...The oven cleaner is cheaper though, DON'T LET IT SET UP TO LONG ON PAINTED SURFACE THOUGH!!! It will take paint off too...

that stuff is nuts!! i used it to take the clear coat off a street bike frame. it is hands down the strongest shit ive ever used. that WILL get it clean. just make sure your outside wearing a mask and some think rubber gloves!

I believe the method that is preferred by Bigred35-X and myself is soaking the cases in diesel and then hitting them with a pressure washer. :thumbsup:

My motor is still together, just have the jugs off, not sure this would be a good idea...but let me know if it wouldnt hurt it.

That and I already tried diesel, this stuff isn't just grease or some pussy dirt, it's 9 years of baked on shit.