what to carry

I usually carry a small assortment of sockets, ratchet, extension, standard and phillips screw drivers, plug wrench, knife, and plyers. Zip ties!!!! They have come in handy on more than one occasion. Also good to have a few spare bolts, just common sizes. Bottled water, can of soup, lighter, and flashlight. :thumbsup:

I usually carry a small assortment of sockets, ratchet, extension, standard and phillips screw drivers, plug wrench, knife, and plyers. Zip ties!!!! They have come in handy on more than one occasion. Also good to have a few spare bolts, just common sizes. Bottled water, can of soup, lighter, and flashlight. :thumbsup:

Water, soup and a lighter? I'm coming trail riding with you for sure!!!!

LOL...

Phillips and straight screw driver, plug wrench and extra plugs. ZIP ties for sure!!!

Don't need bolts with enough zip ties....

:yelrotflmao: :yelrotflmao:

Damn right!! We've been stuck in the woods well after dark before waiting on help, I can whip up a small fire, warm up the soup and relax while I wait :biggrin: I was a boy scout when I was a kid, always be prepared!!!!!

LOL, when I first went to the dunes, I stocked my truck under the seat with cans of chef boyardee, soup, etc. Never know where you might end up, and that stuff doesn't go bad w/ heat or cold. :thumbsup:

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, I usually bring a roll of TP with me too... :laugh:

I carry a GPS, cell phone, camera, sun screen, boonie hat, tow strap, plugs, flat-head & philips drivers, 10,12,14mm wrenches, channel locks, master link, chain breaker, tire plugs, CO2 filler, lighter and my bag has a camel-back in it. If the CO2 wont fill my tires, pour some methanol on them and use the lighter. Ha Ha!

I've had to walk more than 5miles back to my truck across the dunes when I was the only person out riding and the hat, sun screen, and water come in real handy. But I ride a kinda unique area in that I am usually the only person out riding in the entire dunes.

I had a tie-rod strip out this past sunday and was lucky I had a buddy with me to ride me back to camp and back out to my beast with parts, or I would have been walking. Almost went over the bars after the left front tire turned completely sideways when the tie-rod broke. Aluminum tie-rods came on the bike and I'm glad this happened, because I changed both out to some longer steel units.

- Jared

Edited by BigRed350x

I normally have duct tape, zip ties, sockets and bolt kit, and always have a tie down.. we normally have to tow a blaster that goes with us cuz he always runs out of gas haha

Zip ties, a leatherman, and a tow strap.... Thats usually enough to get you back to camp or close enough. If your stuff breaks to the point you need an entire toolkit everytime you ride, you should fix your bike before you blast off and make it a little more reliable.

Food, water, lighters, more lighters, I just kept the stock toolkit under the seat and that works pretty good in most situations, plugs, camera, leatherman, towstrap. The reason I say so many lighters is I snowmobile alone quite a bit and when you get stranded and its fucking cold out a lighter comes in handy, but 5 of them are even more handy.

And also a very big knife, it comes in handy. I usually got a 7inch ka-bar with me in the winter anyway.

Edited by bonbon