To clutch or not to clutch

atvaddiction

On the straight aways its just like drag racing. Dont let off the throttle and just tap the clutch real quick and shift.

P.S. Suspension is by FAR the best upgrade you can get for the shee. Assuming you do something other than ride in straight lines all day.

Ya i already have a yfz 450 front end. and that works great. i was pretty sure not using the clutch

wouldnt hurt seeing how it is a constant mesh tranny. but i was just wondering if any one else

had problems when not using a clutch. i dont use it when i put around the yard.

And if any one else has any little bike set up tips as far as little stuff to reduce fatigue

I have already done a lot to it. but just goin to see if someone has thought of something

that i didnt think of

• 2 weeks later...

I raced motocross for about 8 years and the things that helped me the most with arm pump is a lot of practice. Lots and lots of laps during the week will help your arm pump. Another thing is don't hold your breathe when action gets intense. Over jumps relax your grip (open your hands) give your arms a rest.

Yeah, the main thing is training. Wether it be from riding it's self or with aerobic exercise (high repitions). The body will adapt and start producing less lactic acid which causes the burn/fatigue/arm pump.

You can get some round pipe around 1.5-2" dia. drill a hold in the middle and run a small rope threw it long enough to reach to the ground from atleast your waist. Attatch weights to the other end however you want and roll it up over and over. There's other ways to increase your actual grip/pinch grip strength which could also help.

It would also be very helpfull to eat a ballanced meal about 1 hour before then drink a serving of Whey protein in water atleast 30 minutes to an hour before the race or whatever strenuous activity and immediately after. The banana would be eaten immediately before and after. Staying well hydrated threwout the day is also a given, preferably from water but gatorade is ok. Definately not soda, coffe, or energy drinks.