Bling for the Banshee

It's getting to be summer time, and now that I've had my 'Shee for just over a year, I think it's time to start to really mod her. I'm basically looking to get your guys' input on what I should/can do to get the best performance out of my shee, and any tips/suggestions to keep it in tip-top shape. I ride a even mix of woods, and mx, and roughly 11 or 12 hours a week. I would also rather sacrafice price for quality, but not something that'll burn my wallet all up.

Current mods are in sig.

Thanks!

-Rob.

If I had to do it all over again I would forget about the engine for a while and work on upgrading the suspension first.

i would have to agree 100% SUSPENSION IS THE BIGGEST THING.. you can build a banshee that goes 500mph but if your suspension isnt set up good you can still only go 55.. front is a bit of a hit on the wallet. but the rear is only $2-300 to have it valved to your exact needs and weight. my second recomendation would be to play with your gearing a bit. leave the stock 14 tooth front. but if you are doing trails and mx you want to have a bit more pull out of the corners and slower stuff. try a 14/43 or a 14/44 set up. it takes a bit away on top but adds alot to the botttom. suspension wise check out the package being offered by ALBA. they have a set up with +2+1 arms and ELKA shocks as a kit for under $1000. you can upgrade to remote or piggyback rezzies for a couple hundred bucks too..

Thanks for the replies.

I'm definately working on the handling and suspension first. Like crbanshee said, 500mph motor is no use if you can handle it. I'm gonna take a look at the Alba kit he mentioned, anyone got any feedback on that?

Oh, forgot to mention, I have tires, I've just got the stockers on in that pic. Wet grass in the mornings = tons of fun. :biggrin:

Edited by Yami_rider_4life

My bike is slowly coming along. Since the engine was running fine i didn't mess with it. But riding on stock suspension was a no no! It wasn't even fun riding on shot stock shocks. Felt like my arms would rattle out of my sockets. I replaced the a arms, shocks, axle and has made riding really smooth this past year. I buy bling & other stuff as I come accross deals. I'm now working on engine mods now, my suspension is ready for that power!