HELP new carb hit cluth arm

I am trying to install some new flat slide carbs and the floatbowl hits the clutch arm. What is the fix for this? :confused:

I searched around the forum for answers but I could not come up with a search routine that located anything, although I am sure it has been answered before.

Thanks

Ban.

What kind of carbs? Well, most intakes/spacers do the job, but some dont (including mine), what you need to do is bend the arm down a little bit until it stops hitting. If this still does it i would invest in a new intake or spacers. Some people just weld the left carb bowl closed (no screw) - but its not needed.

Eric

What kind of carbs? Well, most intakes/spacers do the job, but some dont (including mine), what you need to do is bend the arm down a little bit until it stops hitting. If this still does it i would invest in a new intake or spacers. Some people just weld the left carb bowl closed (no screw) - but its not needed.

Eric

Mikuni flat slides 33mm (or 32mm, can't remember right at the moment). I could weld the bowl closed, but I was soooo excited to be able to change jets by just rotating the carb some and taking it out of the bottom. :shrug:

Mikuni flat slides 33mm (or 32mm, can't remember right at the moment). I could weld the bowl closed, but I was soooo excited to be able to change jets by just rotating the carb some and taking it out of the bottom. :shrug:

I say try to tweak the arm first. Then let me know. - i dont like welding the bowls...

Spacers are cheap...and work.

You could also grind some of the head off that bowl drain as well...

careful though, I tried to hacksaw mine down and ended up cutting a slot into the drain plug on my 28's.. ordered a new one then some reed spacers..

careful though, I tried to hacksaw mine down and ended up cutting a slot into the drain plug on my 28's.. ordered a new one then some reed spacers..

lmao a hacksaw?? I like my shit to be mint so cutting stuff isnt an option, spacers are the best bet, but if he doesnt want to go that route bending the arm will work just fine :thumbsup:

EDIT: Arn't most bowl drain plugs hollow-ish? how do you grind them down....

Eric