Lone Star or Quicksand

Andy P in WA

Not wanting to start a war but, I am in the process of trying to decide which A-arms to go with. Partly Desire, because of the Banshee's poor stock setup, and partly necessity, because I have tweaked both of my stock uppers jumping a little to much. I have come accross Lone Stars sport and rec arms for about $450 and the Quicksands for about $550. Does anyone have any comparisons between the two? I am interested in their durability, guarantee and or warranty. I ride mostly dunes and desert trails. I love flying off of the peaks and smashing the woops. If anyone can provide me a little help here I would greatly appreciate it. And yes I have done a search here........ :laugh:

Thanks

Exactly and the Lonestar Racing A Arms are gonna run you around 2 hundred more than 450.00. They are worth it. I have them and I wouldnt want any other set of A-Arms.

Gary ( Quicksand ) uses the same kits for his a arms and swingers that lonestar does. one thing with gary. i have had an order in for a +6 Chrome swinger for close to three months... kinda seems like im getting the run around. some poeple say a great product is worth the wait. but something like that shouldnt take 3 months.

how ever i can say they are both top notch

I can only speak for Quicksand's quality on the A Arms. I have the mx ones with gussetts and hold up well. I had no probs when I pinned it on 5th thru the wash whoops in Glamis. I ride trails & jump too, no probs no complaints. I have silvervein finish on the bottoms & chrome uppers. Not a single problem on the finish, top notch!

RoostRocket I am located in the Dri Shitties, "Tri-Cities". I do most of my riding at Juniper and Moses Lake. I did talk with Gary on the phone yesterday and he sounded like a great guy and even provided extra information on some questions about the shocks and other things. I think I will end up going with the quicksands and some elkas up front and eventually the elka link in the rear. It also appears that Gary has a lot of happy customers here at the HQ. I have got the Special Edition 2006 in the yellow and black so I am trying to figure out if I want to go with black, yellow, or the frame color for them. Any pics or opinions on color???

QUICKSAND's are on the way!!!!!! Gary is sending me a sample of the powdercoating in yellow to see how it looks against the 2006 special ed. yamaha yellow. If that doesn't look very well will be going black or the matte silver/aluminum? anyway same color as frame. Also ordered the Elka Piggy Backs with comp. adj. should see them in a week or two. Roost isn't Beverly where the kid died earlier this year? As farr as meeting up at Juniper, anytime just give a hollar. I have been working a lot so I have to prepare a little.

Thanks to all

• 3 weeks later...

I currently run LSR's on one quad and Quicksands on the other quad. Both sets are fully adjustable on the top and bottom arm.

I have had the LSR's on my one quad for about 12 years and never had a problem. The ball joints are original, have grease fittings and have alot of abuse!!!. They have the black sivlervein I guess, and after all these years the paint is excellent. On these you had to ream the spindles and am not sure if this is still the same on the new ones.

Last year, like yuosrself, I was shopping for arms and alot of people talk about Quicksand Arms. At that time for the full race arms they were about $200 cheaper than the LSR' so I went that route. Gary's arm's use aerospace quality heim joints, which are supposed to be at the min 2x stronger than ball joints and require no reaming of the spindles. When they arrive last summer they looked awesome with a nice powdercoat finish. After a year the only thing I would like to see improved is the powedercoat.

You can't go wrong with either.

Chris