RS flywheel Took a #2 on me

moneybags

Well, after I spent $200 in gas to go to Sand Mountion Nevada for memorial weekend. My banshee started making a crazy sound as soon as I got their. I thought it was a bearing so I decided to go back home and fix by Banshee befor it got any worse. Today I pulled the flywheel cover off and was shocked at what I saw. :shrug:

I am supper pissed. My RS flywheel only has maby 5 hours on it. The RS stator has the same 5 hours on it.

My 4 mill Crank is not looking so good. I wasited $200 in gas for nothing. I have about 9 gallons of race gas that will probly go to waist. (nothing to use it on) Maby my honda will get a treat.

What do you guys think about the my crank? Is it still usable?

Does anybody know if this is RS Stator# 1-819-838-1395. It is the only number I could find on their Ebay page.

Any advice on how I should approach them at RS startor. I want my stuf replaced but dont want to come off as a BIG dick head. I know that somebody posted the same problem befor with their flywheel they got from RS. I could not fint that post thow.

brokenflywheel019.jpg

brokenflywheel020.jpg

brokenflywheel022.jpg

brokenflywheel025.jpg

brokenflywheel032.jpg

brokenflywheel029.jpg

Thats friking great man,. I keep hearing abut all these RS problems and I have all RS, stator, plate, flywheel :mad:

Im goin out today and the rest of the week and I will be so fucking pissed if some shit like that happens to me too. Sorry man tough break. :banghead:

Does anybody know if this is RS Stator# 1-819-838-1395. It is the only number I could find on their Ebay page.

Any advice on how I should approach them at RS startor. I want my stuf replaced but dont want to come off as a BIG dick head. I know that somebody posted the same problem befor with their flywheel they got from RS. I could not fint that post thow.

That's not the ph# listed on their webpage: http://www.rickystator.com/06contact_us/contact_us01.html

I don't know where the 819 area code is. They're in northeast San Diego County now (moved from the central eastern part), so the 760 area code will get you directly to him.

Rich is a nice guy. He's been in the business for some 30 years now, I think. I know that we were getting stators re-wound by him in the early 80s. He makes good stuff and he does stand behind it. Approach him calmly and just tell him what happened. Understand that from his point of view there *are* people who don't know how to install parts correctly or abuse their bikes, so not all parts that grenade are his fault. But if you approach him in a calm, businesslike manner, it will get you a lot further than coming at him PO'd.

_dennis

Edited by Dr. Overkill

that phone number is to rm stator in canada that sells ricky stator stuff. I have had the exact problem with my flywheel, it took the stator with it as well. I am currently waiting the replacements hopefully they will send some soon.

I got to talk to somebody at RS today. Not sure who it was but they seemed real cool about it. He asked me what happend. I tolt him the ribits broke off the flywheel and took out the stator. He said "it sounds pritty self explanitory." Just sent it in and when it arives. We will call you and take care of you. I thought that was pritty cool. I will be sending it off tomoro and keep you posted.

Beau

how does the groove that the key sits in look ?

The key groove looks good.

Do you think that I will beable to fix the crank in the motor. Or am I going to have to take it out. If that is the case I might aswell rebuild the hole motor.

Man you are having the worst luck with that thing. Like I said before, I still have some spare parts lying around if you want to use them. If you do need a new crank it really isn't that big of a pain to pull if apart and get a new one in there. That picture looks rough so it is going to be hard to tell wether or not the new FW is going to sit on the straight. I sujest you take that the first FW that broke and stick it on there and see if the it sits on the like it should and see if there is any run out.

Did you get your other motor back from Jeff. When My new paddles some in we should make another trip.

Man you are having the worst luck with that thing. Like I said before, I still have some spare parts lying around if you want to use them. If you do need a new crank it really isn't that big of a pain to pull if apart and get a new one in there. That picture looks rough so it is going to be hard to tell wether or not the new FW is going to sit on the straight. I sujest you take that the first FW that broke and stick it on there and see if the it sits on the like it should and see if there is any run out.

Did you get your other motor back from Jeff. When My new paddles some in we should make another trip.

I dont have anything to say about the 421 motor. I cant think of anything good to say so I am not going to say anything. :banghead: :shoothead:

No, I havent got my outher motor back yet. Still waiting on that aswell. I did get those +2+1 a-amrs for it and some elka shocks. :cool: So when I do get my motor back. I will have alot to get use too.