Wich pistons!

ban-shred

a dealer just told a guy i met that it was normal for a banshee to shoot flames out the silencers.. and that banshee's only run if they are wide open too.. :thumbsup:

good thing they guy had his thinking cap on and called around for some second opinions on that flame idea....

they also told him that putting pipes on a banshee wouldnt do anything performance wise and not to rejet it when he did.. :thanks:

Sheesh...

I've have one work for that guy...

NEXT

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I definitely recommend the Wiseco Pistons.. I have some arriving tomorrow for my Banshee from Rocky Mountain ATV.. I have used them many times for my 2001 rm125 and they have never failed, bike works great to this day, never had one problem.

Anyone have an opinion on the HP series Wiseco pistons? They are "ported" significantly from the manufacturer and look pretty good to me...

They are the ones I'd buy if I could.

I don't think they make them for us 4mil guys though... :ermm:

Do you have a link to these? I don't believe I have seen them before.

If they are like the Vito's power pistons, the prting weakens the piston skirt and leaves them being alot more prone to cracking. :geek:

the thing with the wiseco its that they are forged...when you start your baby and dont take the time to heat it they seize and make a scratch on the cylinder...thats why i was thinking about namura,pro-x or yamaha oversize...but i just don't know if wiseco would hold with me...but is there better quality wiseco pistons??Every of my friends who had wiseco in their banshee blew their engine 1 time per year,my pistons are the stock one of 3 years old and they could still hold for this summer but i dont like tu run my engine with pistons near blowing ......at 25:1 could those wiseco hold a SEVERE beating for at least 2 years becasue i just don't know wich piston to use and i think i could try those and see what happen.

i hope your kidding, wiesco are without a dought the best piston you can buy, they will last for several seasons you just got to do your regular maintance... ok so you cant start your bike and rip off or you can cold seize the motor... big deal... start the bike while putting on your gear and warm it up. problem solved. if your buddys are blowing a topend once a year its cause they arent warming up the motor. namura and pro x are both forged pistons as well so your not going to get anything differant from them...

Do you have a link to these? I don't believe I have seen them before.

If they are like the Vito's power pistons, the prting weakens the piston skirt and leaves them being alot more prone to cracking. :geek:

If you look at the Wiseco catalog (PDF at their website) they are the last listing under Banshee.

I've personally "ported" the pistons in my 2 RD 350s, my 3 RD 400s, and 2 RZ 350s with no negative impact. I'm talkin' pre-ProLites.

I figure that flow is flow. My contention is that if your cylinder is ported, why isn't your piston? A 1/4" can go a long way... Like anything else, if you go too far, you can count on serious engine damage....

Wiseco offers pistons already ported...their HP series...842s.

That is what is so great about these RZ/'Shee motors... They are chain saw buzz boxes. Usually, a well thought out concept works out with good results. This may be one of those opportunities to make some power. Just don't change the port timing and be REASONABLE in the amount of material you remove if you do!!

I don't think these will work for us 4mil guys so I'll have to do it myself!! :geek:

Top pic are standard Pro-Lites.

Bottom photo is the 842s. Notice the width difference? Not a lot, but a bit....

post241341169861230hf3.jpg

post241341169861207ly9.jpg

Edited by jayzx750

namura and pro x are both forged pistons as well so your not going to get anything differant from them...

I'm pretty sure the Pro-X pisonts are casted. Not unless they just started making forged pistons. I've had good luck with the casted Pro-X pistons on my dune motor. I've tried a few different pistons and the only one I've had bad luck with is the wiseco's.

I'm pretty sure the Pro-X pisonts are casted. Not unless they just started making forged pistons. I've had good luck with the casted Pro-X pistons on my dune motor. I've tried a few different pistons and the only one I've had bad luck with is the wiseco's.

they might be, i thought they where forged...

the thing with the wiseco its that they are forged...when you start your baby and dont take the time to heat it they seize and make a scratch on the cylinder...

That's a bunch of bs. I wish I could find whoever made that up and kick them in the nutz. There are far too many people (not just on this website) that believe that. To fend off the folks that are going to wind up trying to bash me for saying that based on the fact that they think it happened to them because someone told them so..........................I ask you to think before typing.....................think hard..............did to inspect the machine work that was done to your cylinder bores? Did you measure your pistons before installing them? If so, lets compare those two numbers along with the taper number from your bore and I bet we will find what really caused the problem you have been blaming on a forged piston (even if a builder told you so). :geek: