YFZ450 a-arms

Mullet Man

:biggrin: haha j/k

anyway, i am starting to repair my bike now.

i bought some caster camber adjustable upper ASR chrome a-arms, standard width for a YFZ (hopefully these work out) and i'm going to give the Honda 450r shocks a try this go around (or LTR450 shocks if i can find a decently priced pair).

still looking for some lower arms, or one lower arm atleast.

what ya'll think?

i'll post up some before the wreck, after the wreck and repaired pics when i am finished putting it back together.

How are the mounting brakets on the frame they looked tweeked when i was the wrecked pics?

as far as i can tell, they look fine too me.

i did however pick up another frame with a title since my title was accidentally thrown out :evil: . i might have a buddy remove the mounts off of it and relocate them for the YFZ arm width and placement, so i dont have to cut the a-arms this time. i'm not decided on it for sure tho.

whats the cheapest shocks you have found, I'm probably going to get ltz400 w\r because they are cheaper than 450s.

i picked up some '06 trx450 shocks for $210 that was the cheapest i could find.

i was going to get some LTR shocks but decided against it. i didnt want to take a chance of the reservoir being in the way of the pipes. it seems like it would be a close call, if not in the way.

seems all factory rezy shocks (yfz/trx/z400/ltr) go for about the same price tho. granted there are some owners of these that are very proud of what they are trying to sell. and then once in awhile, you do come across a good deal but they are usually sold before i get to them. my patience was wearing thin, so i jumped when i found these. not too bad a price, not that great either but i have seen much higher.

a-arms are on the way also, only a matter of time now :beer:

I picked up a apir of tcs shocks w ressies tripple rate. (400 shipped to my door) there 16 inch eye to eye and you can adjust the ride height. i spent along time trying to figure out exactly what you need to keep your stock rideing height. im still putting everthing together but i will keep you updated. so far the shocks seem to fit great. the only adjustment i had to make was to get banshee bushings for the top of the shock to fit on the banshee and yfz 450 bushings for the bottom of the shock were they bolt up to the a arm.

look real cool too.

I picked up a apir of tcs shocks w ressies tripple rate. (400 shipped to my door) there 16 inch eye to eye and you can adjust the ride height. i spent along time trying to figure out exactly what you need to keep your stock rideing height. im still putting everthing together but i will keep you updated. so far the shocks seem to fit great. the only adjustment i had to make was to get banshee bushings for the top of the shock to fit on the banshee and yfz 450 bushings for the bottom of the shock were they bolt up to the a arm.

look real cool too.

look real cool too.

Sounds like a nice setup. I'd like to see some pics once completed, if you could please?