single carb + advance timing= strange effect

im just asking because since i put a new 35mm trinity single carb and an advance timing(+4) he's really hard to start and he got the power of a moped until he take over 1000rpm...could it be my jetting, i'm on a 290 and heres my mod-->no air lid, pro desing filter,pro circuit pipe and the single carb...anyone's running this setup and has the same effect of hard starting and low power when on low rpm???(he got plenty of power over his low revolution but its strange)

im just asking because since i put a new 35mm trinity single carb and an advance timing(+4) he's really hard to start and he got the power of a moped until he take over 1000rpm...could it be my jetting, i'm on a 290 and heres my mod-->no air lid, pro desing filter,pro circuit pipe and the single carb...anyone's running this setup and has the same effect of hard starting and low power when on low rpm???(he got plenty of power over his low revolution but its strange)

Yea if that 290 is your main, then thats WAY too high. Actually I dont think they even make a 290 main ?? :ohmy:

What pilot are you running? Also, just to be safe you can put the timing back to 0 until you get it tuned.

I think the biggest they make is a 230, so I'm guessing there's some error here. The problem is your jetting, not the mods. My guess would be the pilot jet since its the low end that's tanked. Singles can be a little picky about the needles they use as well.

You need to run a dek needle in middle clip positon, 180-185 main jet, 48 pilot with airscrew two turns out. Try that. Sounds like you have way too much main jet if they even make a keihin 290. You do know that takes a long keihin hex jet and not one of your small mikuni hex jets like out of your stock carb right?

You need to run a dek needle in middle clip positon, 180-185 main jet, 48 pilot with airscrew two turns out. Try that. Sounds like you have way too much main jet if they even make a keihin 290. You do know that takes a long keihin hex jet and not one of your small mikuni hex jets like out of your stock carb right?

that should be almost perfect.