450 kawasaki

Any read anything about this bike or even own one? I know they are available to buy.. well around me but im wondering how they ride and if they keep up with the other 450's out manufactured by other companies.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably one of the best bikes out on the market today. Look at who is winning motocross it's usually Kawasaki or Suzuki. If it was me that's what i would buy but don't take my word on it i don't have one i'm just adding my two cents.

I saw one at the dealership a few days ago. Real nice looking. You can take off the fenders for track use too. Fuel injection and reverse with 20inch rear tire it's ready for trail or track..you gotta love it. Dirt wheels said it was faster stock than the honda 450 but didn't say anything about it beating the yzf. They also said that it felt similar to the yzf in handling. The best thing about it though imo is the fuel injection.

My cousin and brother both have the honda and i am VERY impressed. Then two of my buddies have the yzf's and well 1 of them i guess is a dud? and the other ran really nice. I very fond of the honda but with the type of rideing i do the kawasaki is looking promising with reverse and speed.

Zuke and the YFZ would be my first choices then the 450r. Kawi hasn't been out long and you never know what problems may arise with real world testing and riding. I will say the new can-am is looking fucken sick i wanna see the whole bike when they finish releasing all the info.

Why do you and alot of people i've been talking to feel this way about the 450r ? lol and yes i do agree with u about the kawi. Also that can-am is a nice piece of work. I think their new frame idea is hot specially since alot of their older bikes were known for the cracked frames.

my buddie at work just picked one up and ive rode it a little it handles really good the power is ok and it is nice to wheely. other than that it has some sweet stock rims and it is just a little to stiff. over all good bike but its not setting the world on fire... and dragging it against my 450 i absolutly murdered him every time and even with 5 lengths i still passed him by 4th and pulled like a freight train on him. but my 450 isnt stock and his is so well have to test it when he gets the equvilent mods. just my .02

I checked out the KFX450 at Chaparall, looks cool, seat was way too hard, did'nt like the removable finders. But with their power plant those are only minor items to overcome.

yfz450 all the way..

same hear yfz450 all the way. that kawi isnt half the bike they try to make it out to be. dont get me wrong i like it but like i said it aint setting the world on fire. a stock yfz would kill that thing there powerplants nothing special.

If your gonna get a 450 I say get a YFZ because I owned one, It had alot of mods an it was never out ran an it never had any problems, but if you dont wanna get a YFZ I would say get a 450R becasue Honda is reliable and I rode my friends 450R and it wasnt as peppy as my YFZ an it didnt out run it but its a pretty quick bike and he hasnt had any problems wih it either.

They are all hype!!!!!!!! I smoke them out in the dunes on my Z400. My bike has tons of mods but is still stock piston. The races in the dunes are probably 500 or so feet. And it is not even close!!!!!

while i agree that they are all hype i dont see them getting beat by a z400 probably not even a stroker Z but hey if your a good rider i guess anything is possible... :wink:

while i agree that they are all hype i dont see them getting beat by a z400 probably not even a stroker Z but hey if your a good rider i guess anything is possible... :wink:

There are a few members on here that can confirm my dune bike runs pretty hard!!!! I have no reason to lie.............. But yes I am a very good rider......Better than most!!!!! The other wild card is I have drag raced/built/tuned motors all my life. I know how to setup and tune a bike to run better than most and beat bikes it should not.