help with gearing

well ive got a 14 41 set up n im thinking my motor is to much for this set up should i go to 15,16 on front or go to a smaller back thanx

if your motors to much, is that not good? what are you trying to do? slow it down, build bottom, pick up top speed?

my motor is in my sig n yes im trying to go faster not slower the gears just dont seem tall enough but was just wondering what to change the back or the front

you can either add one tooth to the front or take 3 off the rear. Either way it does the same thing.

yep, although it's cheaper to change the front sprocket. try a 15 tooth on the front. but, it also depends on what type of riding you do as far as the terrain and your tire heigth. if you ride in real open terrain with a firm surface then you may want to try a 16. it's an experimental thing.

my motor is in my sig n yes im trying to go faster not slower the gears just dont seem tall enough but was just wondering what to change the back or the front

Am I just getting old and blind...or is there no motor specs in his sig??

:whistling:

Am I just getting old and blind...or is there no motor specs in his sig??

:whistling:

my bad thought it was in there my specs are vitos 4 mill stroker crank stock rod length 80 over vitos super stock pistons toomy t 5's 34 mm keighn pj's 5 degree advanced timing dyno porting mild trail lightend flywheel my tires are douglas blue label backs with 18.9.5 8 turf tamers with 2=2 proline a arms with 19.6.10 hole shots on douglas red label rims

well i had it clocked last year @85 no problem pulling the front end up in fifth gear then i put a stroker motor in it havent really got on it in all the gears cause fresh motor but thats why im thinking go with taller gears not sure ifts any faster with the stroker motor i think id have to change the gears to get more top end out of it right

well i had it clocked last year @85 no problem pulling the front end up in fifth gear then i put a stroker motor in it havent really got on it in all the gears cause fresh motor but thats why im thinking go with taller gears not sure ifts any faster with the stroker motor i think id have to change the gears to get more top end out of it right

oh ya n sorry bout the specs not being in my sig your not getting old n blind im getting old n cenile

who clocked the bike? I have a converter that you put rpm, tire size and gearing in it and it tells ya how fas the bike will go. With your setup it will only do 76.44 mph in 6th gear wide open. Not tryin to start shit, just thought I would throw my 2 cents out there.

http://home.earthlink.net/~gellett/banshee.htm

who clocked the bike? I have a converter that you put rpm, tire size and gearing in it and it tells ya how fas the bike will go. With your setup it will only do 76.44 mph in 6th gear wide open. Not tryin to start shit, just thought I would throw my 2 cents out there.

http://home.earthlink.net/~gellett/banshee.htm

actually i let my friend drive my banshee last year and i followed him in my car