Trying to figure out what head and CC to buy

I am pretty sure that the next thing I do to my bike is going to be a head from Jeff. I am just not sure what CC domes to get. I bought Wiseco Pro-Lite (513M06500) pistons .030 over when I rebuilt it last winter. I dont know if they are any higher compression than stock though. I had my head milled at a local machine shop but I forgot how much they took off :banghead: . I have V Force3's, 35mm PWK's, T5's, +4 Timing and running 104 Octane with Ethanol. When I did the compression test it showed 165 on both sides. I would like to run as much compression that I can (safely) on the fuel that I am running. I have a billet basket and brand new clutch as well. This winter will be a full teardown and build but for now I would like to get what I can out of her. I ride strictly in the sand drag and hill climbs mostly. I know that porting would be the best thing to do but I cant be without her for the summer. Thanks in advance.

Matt

man to be honest, 165 isnt too bad. my cub motors are at about 170 or so. for a high revving motor you dont want super high compression because it kills some top end. high compression will give you extra grunt down low though to pull a higher gear so it can be a tradeoff.

jeff will need to know your altitude to determine what dome for you to run. sounds like youre already covered in the fuel department so just call or pm jeff and see what domes he thinks you need.

man to be honest, 165 isnt too bad. my cub motors are at about 170 or so. for a high revving motor you dont want super high compression because it kills some top end. high compression will give you extra grunt down low though to pull a higher gear so it can be a tradeoff.

jeff will need to know your altitude to determine what dome for you to run. sounds like youre already covered in the fuel department so just call or pm jeff and see what domes he thinks you need.

Yeah I wasnt too sure where it should or could be if I am running that fuel. I am at sea level and we always ride on the Ocean dunes so it always stays the same altitude. Do you drag only or all around dune riding with your Cub motors? Just curious on what to build this winter.

A port job wont mean you will be without your bike for the summer. I sent my juggs off friday and they will be here in less than 3 weeks. I dont think that's a bad tradeoff. I've never seen a ported shee so im anxious to see how mine will run. :biggrin:

I am pretty sure that the next thing I do to my bike is going to be a head from Jeff. I am just not sure what CC domes to get. I bought Wiseco Pro-Lite (513M06500) pistons .030 over when I rebuilt it last winter. I dont know if they are any higher compression than stock though. I had my head milled at a local machine shop but I forgot how much they took off :banghead: . I have V Force3's, 35mm PWK's, T5's, +4 Timing and running 104 Octane with Ethanol. When I did the compression test it showed 165 on both sides. I would like to run as much compression that I can (safely) on the fuel that I am running. I have a billet basket and brand new clutch as well. This winter will be a full teardown and build but for now I would like to get what I can out of her. I ride strictly in the sand drag and hill climbs mostly. I know that porting would be the best thing to do but I cant be without her for the summer. Thanks in advance.

Matt

one thing i noticed when reading you said your jugs are 30 over right? you also said that your pistons are 513M06500...that is for a normal rod crank and 65mm bore.. the issue i see is 30 over is 64.75 not 65.... so are you possitive you have that combo? unless that was a mistake i dont see those jugs hitting 160 psi... im guessing you got something confused and they are actually matched up proplery but it stuck out to me when reading the thread..

one thing i noticed when reading you said your jugs are 30 over right? you also said that your pistons are 513M06500...that is for a normal rod crank and 65mm bore.. the issue i see is 30 over is 64.75 not 65.... so are you possitive you have that combo? unless that was a mistake i dont see those jugs hitting 160 psi... im guessing you got something confused and they are actually matched up proplery but it stuck out to me when reading the thread..

Maybe I am confused... on the box for the pistons it says "Clear 0.0030" I think I just assumed that they were .030 over, but now that you say it they are 65mm or .040 overs. I did the compression check properly I am pretty sure. I have never checked it on a bike before always on cars. I just took out the plug and put in the fitting that fit from my Snap-On Compression tester and kicked it until the needle stopped. They both were at 165 or so. Let me know if that helps.

Totally different subject.... how much power can be made using the stock cylinders? I dont mind going a little radical, but I really like to ride and not just drag.

otally different subject.... how much power can be made using the stock cylinders? I dont mind going a little radical, but I really like to ride and not just drag.

you can have stock cyls so radical you can beat cubs.. but its cheaper to just get a cub at some point unless you just wanna drag in a 350 class.. so basically your stockers will work however radical you decide.. just tell your biulder whatyou want he will do it...

A port job wont mean you will be without your bike for the summer. I sent my juggs off friday and they will be here in less than 3 weeks. I dont think that's a bad tradeoff. I've never seen a ported shee so im anxious to see how mine will run. :biggrin:

Who did you send them off to?