Question Regarding Banshee Fluids

Infamous039

i run castrol gp 2 stroke oil. its got a picture of an atv on the front and it costs $3 per quart from target. on the back it says suitable for 2 stroke dirtbikes, atv, chainsaw, etc. its rated JASO FB which means its good enough for a banshee, it smokes a bit more than an expensive oil but to tell you the truth i never fouled a plug on my banshee in the year and a half i have owned it. i have chopped a few plugs though.

for the trans i run type f atf. walmart has the cheapest type f atf. about $2.50 a quart. i change the atf about every time i clean the air filters, which means every maybe 20-25 gallons of gas. had the bike a year and a half still on the original clutch with no problems with any part of the transmission. shifting action is as good as it gets for having a shitty stock shift star.

• 1 month later...

BUYING THE STUFF IN BULK IS THE WAY 2 GO. I USE MAXIMA CASTOR927 AND ITS LIKE 15 BUCKS PER HALF GALLON THROUGH ROCKY MOUNTAIN.. AND THEY USUALLY HAVE THE BEST PRICES ON EVERYTHING AND SHIPPING IS FREE IF U SPEND OVER 100 BUCHS WHICH ISNT HARD TO DO

i run castrol gp 2 stroke oil. its got a picture of an atv on the front and it costs $3 per quart from target. on the back it says suitable for 2 stroke dirtbikes, atv, chainsaw, etc. its rated JASO FB which means its good enough for a banshee, it smokes a bit more than an expensive oil but to tell you the truth i never fouled a plug on my banshee in the year and a half i have owned it. i have chopped a few plugs though.

for the trans i run type f atf. walmart has the cheapest type f atf. about $2.50 a quart. i change the atf about every time i clean the air filters, which means every maybe 20-25 gallons of gas. had the bike a year and a half still on the original clutch with no problems with any part of the transmission. shifting action is as good as it gets for having a shitty stock shift star.

I guess thats not bad but I have had my stock clutch plates for 5 years with belray, usualy change it twice a season. I'm just going to replace them because I'm putting in a new clutch for the cub. But it's not the clutch plates I'm as worried about. Althoguh I noticed a significat difference over the Golden Spectro gear oil.

Bel Ray FOREVA. buy it in bulk straight from Bel-Ray. I use their 80w tranny oil, H1R synthetic mix and dot 4 brake fluid. good stuff.

my banshee is a 97 and Ive rebuilt the top end once three years ago. Shee was 1 thousandth out from stock specs so I put in a 1 over piston and rings. never replaced the rings before that, and shee still has 120psi per cylinder.

my mechanic told me not to change a thing.