new 30mm carbs

DGFUNNY70,

Thanks for the info, Cam definately knows his stuff...quite unlike myself, so I was just being hard headed and thinking it may be me or something else. I'll go pickup some new pilots and give them a whirl, I'm positive it will fix it.

dajogejr, yeah I know it gets you close....some have to fine tune it and some don't. It's funny that you said that about blowing it up cuz I was talking to him awhile back and he said something to the effect that he likes jetting lean so he always had to redo topends,lol. He's a great guy and will always get my business.

ok. should i go down one size in the main or pilot?

Do you know what jets you have in your carbs now? I was looking at the post and I don't see were you ever said. I'm running a 158 and have had no problems, I ran a 160 also and there was no difference.

I'm going to try a 48 or 50 and see what happens.

Do you know what jets you have in your carbs now? I was looking at the post and I don't see were you ever said. I'm running a 158 and have had no problems, I ran a 160 also and there was no difference.

I'm going to try a 48 or 50 and see what happens.

I run these carbs too.With K&N and powerlid.I found the needle to be a bit rich on these carbs.Im at 2nd clip from the top.50 pilot 150 main and there isnt a bad spot in the throttle anywhere.The plug looks text book.With open airbox a 52 pilot ,needle in 3rd clip and 155 main was dead on.

Alright it back fires and breaks up in 4th,5th and 6th gear. Also It dosent seem like it has as much low end as it use to .

Set up right now

pro flow kit -no lid

T5's

Cool head 21cc domes

boyseen reeds on stock cage

MAIN-158

Pilot-52

a/s-1.75 turns out

4th CLip

What should i do

I have 50 pilot s

160 and 155 mains.