Whitey

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i say fuck them both. buy a yfz450.

WORD!!!

fuck a yfz

What is your reasoning? Can't handle the power? Carburetors too difficult for you?

I don't understand why you wouldn't be looking into the other 450's. They have proven themselves time and time again. The LTR has case and frame issues (rear shock mount), and the KFX in new with a ton of little bugs. It's your money, but don't be so na

WORD!!!

What is your reasoning? Can't handle the power? Carburetors too difficult for you?

I don't understand why you wouldn't be looking into the other 450's. They have proven themselves time and time again. The LTR has case and frame issues (rear shock mount), and the KFX in new with a ton of little bugs. It's your money, but don't be so na

my brother raced a ltr at the dunes on his bone stock yfz450. the ltr had a lightweight rider, pipe, same tires and prolly a cherry bomb..ltr got spanked every time. i dont really see the attraction to efi.. more shit to go wrong as far as im concerned. i like carbs. easy to tune, easy to fix. just plain easy...

my brother raced a ltr at the dunes on his bone stock yfz450. the ltr had a lightweight rider, pipe, same tires and prolly a cherry bomb..ltr got spanked every time. i dont really see the attraction to efi.. more shit to go wrong as far as im concerned. i like carbs. easy to tune, easy to fix. just plain easy...

I'm just going on my experience with the two and going by that the LTR is faster. But than again I'm not buying a new 450 for drag racing. the main reason I'm getting a new bike is for handling.

As for the EFI stuff, I feel the complete opposite, they are really a simple system. My EFI Banshee has less connections/plugs than the stock Banshee wiring harness.

Why are you asking this question?Looks like you already know what you want

Well this thread definitely took the KFX out of the equation. My mind isn't made up but I am leaning more towards the LTR over the YFZ unless there's something about the YFZ that I don't know about