New Billet Bumper

ClimbAnyHill

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

u found that thing for 85 bucks thats a good deal there is a company called R I S designs out here in cali and they make and sell that bumper and two others for about 160 so u got a hella of a deal i love the front grill where did u get it

not bad, not bad.

would you snap a pic from distance, to get a better idear.

i keep stockers, cuz i run into trees

Damn... you weren't kiddin. Get better soon but don't quit the ride just ride safer!

I'm always going to remember that big ass 20 page 300 hit YFZ A Arm installation thread.

I'll get better pix next time out.

u found that thing for 85 bucks thats a good deal there is a company called R I S designs out here in cali and they make and sell that bumper and two others for about 160 so u got a hella of a deal i love the front grill where did u get it

Thanks for the compliments guys, I too like the idea no one else is running this bumper so I won't give you the details :biggrin: Just kiddin. I actually been looking for this bumper for about a year now. Back then I found this link to this Bumper [also had matching Grab Bar] called Mighty Bar and would sell for $170 ea. Well, it was an old link.. Contact info was out dated & ebay link was dead and pretty much been hunting for it ever since. I've searched ebay many times for it & always came up blank untill a couple weeks ago, it was up for bidding with 12 hours left. No one besides me bid on this thing so I took it for $85 :thumbsup: I did have a problem where the holes didn't line up by a few mm. No biggie, simply reemed out the holes for a good fit. I found Cutting Edge who makes a Grab Bar similiar to the bumper so I'll prob get it sometime in the future. RIS Designs makes a few nice things for the Banshee, their bumpers aren't one of them. They make two & three bar bumpers.. I don't really like them. The grill I made myself, check out this thread for better pictures: http://www.bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=65896

This is the Cutting Edge grabber..

CuttingEdge.jpg

Mighty bar I believe. I think. Their not on e-bay all the time though.

In one year I got to see this bumper on ebay twice. Both times were bumper owners making the sale not Mighty Bar or another store. I wish it was so I can find the grab bar. Let me know if you ever see it. Thanks.

In one year I got to see this bumper on ebay twice. Both times were bumper owners making the sale not Mighty Bar or another store. I wish it was so I can find the grab bar. Let me know if you ever see it. Thanks.

Looks really good! Nice find :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Hell yeah that's sweet, i'm gonna get a buddy of mine to make me one similiar to that but a little different. He works in a machine shop and gets me some pretty cheap. But i like those bumbers and alot of them are just plain horrible. :yucky:

that bumper is stronger than what it looks. the tubing and brackets are solid, stronger than stock...easily.

Thats the problem, you want the bumper to give instead of the frame in a bad wreck.

Looks good though, but I'd rather replace my bumper than my frame should the need come about.

Unless you think it would bend easier than the frame up front?

That grab bar looks sweet though!

Edited by Justintoxicated

not bad, not bad.

would you snap a pic from distance, to get a better idear.

i keep stockers, cuz i run into trees

Here you go Mullet & thanks for the heads up on that grabber Lonestar :thumbsup:

KaosBanshee... Did you get that bumper made? If so I'd like to see the product.

Justintoxicated: It's thick alum to hold up well but will still bend before metal frame.. Don't think I'll have an issue there. Sidewalls holding the crossbars have cut outs that weaken to take the impact. I'll be sure to post about it should it run into somthing. Never have though so I'll say I'll never will!!

GormanTrails094.jpg

GormanTrails095.jpg