CDI BOX

Someone says its a rev limiter

Some say it controls spark

Some say the banshee can run without it

Someone says its a rev limiter---------NO BANSHEES DONT HAVE REV LIMITER I DONT EVEN THINK ANY 2 STROKE DOES MIGHT BE WRONG

Some say it controls spark-----YES

Some say the banshee can run without it-------------NO

Thanks for the reply yes ppl have been saying it has a rev limiter

to me

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by firefighterjosh

2 strokes do not have rev limiters NONE OF THEM....the cdi box controls the spark not the rev limit

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If that is the case how come if it controls the spark why will it still run the same with the cdi box unplugged?

they guy that quoted me thinks it has a rev limiter

CDI = Capacitor Discharge Ignition

Its your ignition box, plain and simple. Thats all it does. You can't run without one. In vehicles with a rev limiter, its programmed into the CDI. The banshee does have a rev limiter that is activated when the parking brake is engaged, but thats it. There is no high-rpm limiter. The engine will rev as high as it is physically capable of doing.

Thanks for the reply yes ppl have been saying it has a rev limiter

to me

quote:

Originally posted by firefighterjosh

2 strokes do not have rev limiters NONE OF THEM....the cdi box controls the spark not the rev limit

If that is the case how come if it controls the spark why will it still run the same with the cdi box unplugged?

they guy that quoted me thinks it has a rev limiter

The OEM Banshee CDI does not have a rev limiter in it.

The short expanation is that a CDI is a solid state computer that controls the engine spark based on crankshaft rpm via a two dimensional ignition timing map that is a plot of spark timing vs. engine rpm.

If you would like a longer, more technical explanation let me know, but based on the questions you had, I doubt the people you have been talking to would understand the longer explanation. :thumbsup: